How good is a Woodforde Wherry?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that - are you using bottles or PBs and would it work for either ?

H&B - LME = Holland and Barratt Liquid Malt Extract ? I found it on their Website so if thats it do you put all the 454g in - and at the start ? Does that tip also stand for Admirals Reserve and Nelsons Bitter (Revenge) s well

Personally replying to the OP I really love Wherry and find that it improves all the time it is in the PB sp presumably will in bottles too. The Reserve I bottled recently for a mates big Birthday was "ace" after 8 weeks
Hi, I’ve go Wherry to transfer to PB today. Had a couple of time’s before always turned out well, as has the Admirals Reserve. Not tried it bottled because it’s been so good from the PB

Thanks for that - are you using bottles or PBs and would it work for either ?

H&B - LME = Holland and Barratt Liquid Malt Extract ? I found it on their Website so if thats it do you put all the 454g in - and at the start ? Does that tip also stand for Admirals Reserve and Nelsons Bitter (Revenge) s well

Personally replying to the OP I really love Wherry and find that it improves all the time it is in the PB sp presumably will in bottles too. The Reserve I bottled recently for a mates big Birthday was "ace" after 8 weeks
Yes that's it, I put it in at the start along with the two tins of malt

I bottle and keg all my beers.

Not tried it with other Woodfordes brews!

Thanks I will certainly give that a go

I was phasing out Wherry (despite my name) as I thought it a bit thin compared to Nelsons and Admirals but my last PB of Wherry really was good

Also made my neighbour a batch of Admirals Reserve and bottled it for him for a big birthday. It stood ages in Bottles and I sampled one with a near neighbour and it tasted great and felt carbonated but was disappointed with the head

I had batch primed and so expected the rest to be similar but so far they have not been. Brilliant head on every one he has opened and he sends me photos as proof - so I am pleased

I have been putting AR in PB as well as Nelsons and for me they are all really good. I will for sure put some LME in next one of each I do - thanks again for the tip and reply

Five weeks since bottling and a nice pint. The remaining 30 bottles will be left alone in cold storage until December.
IMG_20201024_110616.jpg

Hi, I’ve go Wherry to transfer to PB today. Had a couple of time’s before always turned out well, as has the Admirals Reserve. Not tried it bottled because it’s been so good from the PB

I transferred one into a PB last Thursday, it's my first beer brew since 1985!

I have done cider with apples out the garden this year also, so thought why not give the Wherry a go too.

Looking forward to it, although the wait is already niggling me, I've also bought a Cwtch to do next.

Wherry was one of the first kits I brewed earlier this year. It tasted okay with a nice head after the pour, certainly not knockout, but certainly very drinkable.

The next Wherry kit I do, I shall brew it slightly short to 21 litres.

As always with Home Brew, patience is the key.

I’ve found it annoyingly good. I had been brewing all grain until a house move meant I was in danger of running out of beer so I decided to to a kit and went for this one as a lot of people seemed to like it. It’s so good I’ve made it twice and I keep forgetting it’s ‘only’ a kit.

Latest posts

Back