How long before bottling?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkeyMick

Reaction score
Possibly an unusual question..

Ive brewed an AG Doom Bar clone, which is currently sat in the FV on the yeast cake/trub in my brew fridge in the garage.

It's already been sat for about 4 weeks after finishing fermentation, and I was hoping to bottle it in the next few days. I'm now off on a work trip for the next 2 weeks, so it's going to have to sit a bit longer now.

Will this adversely affect the beer at all? It's been held at around 5 degrees the past few weeks and I can lower the temp again if possible.

If you cant get it bottled before you go then you are going to find out in a couple of weeks! :-) I think it will be fine as long as it is sealed well. What FV vessel are you using?

It's a plastic FV, lid and airlock fitted, sitting in my fermenting fridge albeit without being powered on as the garage is chillier than the missus.

Seems like it may not be a problem then! Looking forward to getting back, bottling and conditioning it.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back