How long can I store my Beer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Fox

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place. Just brewed a Lager Kit and the Mrs has started showing Symptoms šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Iā€™m going to be in isolation for two weeks so wonā€™t be touching my Beer. It should be alright in the Bucket right?

As long as good sanitation was maintained the beer will be fine in the FV for 2 weeks. The majority of my beers are in the FV for 2+ weeks.

Hope the Mrs doesn't get too ill and wish you both all the best.

If youā€™ve ā€œjust brewedā€ it, then 2 weeks will be fine - brewers usually leave their brews 2 weeks before bottling anyway.

Yeast Autolysis is much less of an issue for home brewers than some would have you believe - your beer would have to sit on the grub for months and months for it to cause issues.

Hope itā€™s just a bad cold/cough! We had symptoms a couple of weeks ago and, although we are all better now my wife and I are still coughing (kids are now fine).

If youā€™ve ā€œjust brewedā€ it, then 2 weeks will be fine - brewers usually leave their brews 2 weeks before bottling anyway.

Hope itā€™s just a bad cold/cough! We had symptoms a couple of weeks ago and, although we are all better now my wife and I are still coughing (kids are now fine).

Thatā€™s good then šŸ˜Š Thanks Chief, she has the classic Temperature and Cold. Iā€™m considered a ā€œKey Workerā€ so have been working but I was still struggling.

14 days quarantine and going nowhere is going to drive me potty šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Thatā€™s good then šŸ˜Š Thanks Chief, she has the classic Temperature and Cold. Iā€™m considered a ā€œKey Workerā€ so have been working but I was still struggling.

14 days quarantine and going nowhere is going to drive me potty šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Bite on the bullet and stop being a wimp!

Two weeks quarantine may drive you potty, but I can assure you that dying ten or twenty years before their time will p1ss-off your co-workers even more!

Back