How low can the scum go?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Paramedic's car vandalised in Bristol ambulance car park

1616608519591.png
1616608568222.png

A paramedic finished a 12-hour night shift to find her car daubed in graffiti saying "don't call 999".

Vandals spray painted Bronwen Newbury's vehicle while it was parked at her Bristol base at the weekend.

She said she was "angry that people think so little of us".

The vehicle has been repaired for free after she put photos of the graffiti on Facebook. South Western Ambulance Service said the attack was "unacceptable".

It happened outside Soundwell Ambulance Station while Ms Newbury, from Caerphilly, was on shift overnight on Saturday into the early hours of Sunday.

She said it left her "in shock, teary, and angry", and questioning her job.

"Twelve-hour shifts can be difficult anyway...but I'm trying to do something for the community, so coming back to that was so disappointing...I felt 'what's the point in doing this?"

After sharing the photos of her car on Facebook, Ms Newbury said she had 60-70 offers of help and support. A company in Bristol has removed the graffiti for free.

"It has restored my faith in humanity," Ms Newbury said.

A South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) spokesperson added: "Sadly our people are victim to unacceptable behaviour from a minority every day while they are serving the communities of the South West and saving lives.

"Any such incident can have a lasting impact on them, their loved ones, and other colleagues."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-56502271

What drives people to do this, I can not get my breath it also makes my blood boil. No doubt some do-gooders will find a reason to defend them if they are ever caught

This sounds like a planned attack which makes it so much worse. This scum if caught should stay locked up for 20 years and their fellow prisoners informed to what they did.

The "do-gooder" here (what an awful phrase that is. But perhaps not as bad as the American 'Social Justice Warrior') is the car owner, lets not forget.

These things happen, not least, because there are bot farms out peddling these absurd conspiracy theories about masks, vaccines, etc etc, that surface on our social media feeds.

What drives people to do this, I can not get my breath it also makes my blood boil. No doubt some do-gooders will find a reason to defend them if they are ever caught
I'm not a do-gooder. I hope I catch them first.
A carefully targeted raised eyebrow and a few words of encouragement won't even come into it.

These things happen, not least, because there are bot farms out peddling these absurd conspiracy theories about masks, vaccines, etc etc, that surface on our social media feeds.

Indeed. As scum does.

Hi Moto748 when referring to do-gooder it is not somebody that does good but the people who will defend criminals/activists no matter what they have done it is a tongue in cheek phrase

Time to bring back the stocks.

Put the scum in the stocks in the town square where they committed the crime for a few days then off to prison for a while.

F**K their human rights they do not deserve any.

1616610582183.png

Hi Moto748 when referring to do-gooder it is not somebody that does good but the people who will defend criminals/activists no matter what they have done it is a tongue in cheek phrase

You mean people who say things like, everyone has a right to fair trial, and is innocent un til proven guilty, regardless of what they are alleged to have done?

Stuff like that?

There's still stocks in Great Budworth Northwich. Only used on those who prefer sea salt to our product.

In this case I am not talking about alleged but guilty people in other words the perpetrators of this crime

You mean people who say things like, everyone has a right to fair trial, and is innocent un til proven guilty, regardless of what they are alleged to have done?

Stuff like that?
Your missing the point this is not lynchlaw it's about those found guilty getting a sentence based on their crimes.

I wish they had named the garage that did the work especially if it was free of charge a very nice gesture on the other hand maybe they didn't want to be names in case they were the next target.

The "do-gooder" here (what an awful phrase that is. But perhaps not as bad as the American 'Social Justice Warrior') is the car owner, lets not forget.

I think you have missed the point of Barons first post he was basically saying in this weird world there will always be some moron who will try to defend the actions of their fellow moron even though for the other 99% of us there is no defence, so when he said do-gooders he meant these idiots (trying to defend other idiots) not genuine people who do good deeds, well that's the way i read it anyway.

Last edited:
Your missing the point this is not lynchlaw it's about those found guilty getting a sentence based on their crimes.

I don't believe I'm missing any point, I just don't like it when people bandy phrases like "do-gooders" around.

Who are the "do-gooders" in this context? Do they even exist? It's just setting up an Aunt Sally: "there's this awful group of people, they may not even exist, but they're in my head, and these mythical people are asking us to excuse vandalism. Making all of us better people than this other bunch that I've made up in my head"

Fundamentally it's a dishonest mode of argument, designed to show the maker in a good light.

Unfortunately the chances of anyone being brought to book for this are slim. Soundwell is not the loveliest area, to be fair! :D

Thanks Chippy I was referring exactly to that maybe it was my phrasing of the sentence

Latest posts

Back