How low can the scum go?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe I'm missing any point, I just don't like it when people bandy phrases like "do-gooders" around.

Who are the "do-gooders" in this context? Do they even exist? It's just setting up an Aunt Sally: "there's this awful group of people, they may not even exist, but they're in my head, and these mythical people are asking us to excuse vandalism. Making all of us better people than this other bunch that I've made up in my head"

Fundamentally it's a dishonest mode of argument, designed to show the maker in a good light.

Unfortunately the chances of anyone being brought to book for this are slim. Soundwell is not the loveliest area, to be fair! :D
A "do-gooder" in my understanding, is somebody who does "good" for their own gratification. it doesn't mean that the "good" they do isn't good, but it's often considered to be misguided. It's the kind of stuff you'd find of somebody trying to find the "good" in a serial rapist or murderer.. Which is great, but simply not practical because people need to be protected from these "unfortunates".

I'm afraid this country has now a scum underbelly which is nothing to do with poverty. I'm sounding like an old git but it's our number one priority to keep the people of our country safe from these savages. Strengthen the police and go after these people because spray a car today and they'll kill the occupant tomorrow.

Time to bring back the stocks.

Put the scum in the stocks in the town square where they committed the crime for a few days then off to prison for a while.

F**K their human rights they do not deserve any.

View attachment 43854

People who bang on about criminals human rights seem to forget that the victims of their crimes have rights too!

I think that he understood perfectly. In my humble opinion it seems to be your good self that is missing the, very good, point that he is making

Well if that is the case it means at least three of us who posted in the thread missed the very good point so i think i will stick with my earlier thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:
These things happen, not least, because there are bot farms out peddling these absurd conspiracy theories about masks, vaccines, etc etc, that surface on our social media feeds.
Could not agree more.
There were recently violent protests in Dublin and some of the protesters were aping the usual conspiracy theory nonsense.
Verbal faeces of this calibre (climate change denial, anti-vaccers, elections fraud allegations) are dangerous.

What drives people to do this, I can not get my breath it also makes my blood boil. No doubt some do-gooders will find a reason to defend them if they are ever caught
I really don’t think that anyone would try to defend that. Left or right. Whatever the cause of the person or persons responsible, then they really have pi$$ed in their own beer in a spectacular way.

Anyone who has read “Life at the Bottom: The Worldview That Makes the Underclass” by Theodore Dalrymple
is not surprised.

Latest posts

Back