How many kegs do you own

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Kegs do you own

• Less than 1

Votes: 9 7.3%

Votes: 9 7.3%

Votes: 17 13.7%

Votes: 24 19.4%

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • More than 4

Votes: 50 40.3%

• Total voters
I've got 5 all reconditioned from Brew Keg Tap serving a 3 tap keezer.

I need 1 more reserve to keep a spare for each tap and probably a couple of spares for long conditioning brews.

I have 2 corny, I miscalculated my keg fridge thought it could take 3 as I have a 3 tap font. but only 2 fit. It depends really on how often you brew and how fast you drink. 3 kegs is 60l of beer which is a lot if you are drinking it mostly yourself.
....for one weekend, but do-able! 🤣😜

It’s worth adding that the mini kegs can all use the same fittings hence I can use the tap I purchased from Dark Farm on my generic 2 and 4L mini kegs I bought on eBay.
Yeah that’s exactly what I do. I only have one tap but three kegs. I try and get a good rotation going. Easier in Lockdown with not much else to do but brew, drink and sort the garden out. 🍻

I've currently got 9 kegs - 5 of the older, squatter kegs bought reconditioned and 4 of the newer, taller AEB kegs bought new. They are mostly in use. The 4 newer style ones go in a 4 keg kegerator and the older ones are used for batch or long-term conditioning or for serving cask ale through handpumps.

I got 6 x 19L Corny Kegs and also 3 King Kegs but I've stopped using them since getting the cornies. Might repurpose them at some point.

Try to keep the kegs full and on rotation, 3 in the fridge carbonating / drinking, 3 conditioning though at the moment I have 3 empty, need to get another brew on.

4x 19 ltr, enough room in the keezer for one more.Just a matter of time 😂
Bring on the summer and end of lock down acheers.

Probably asked before but what is the preferred method of carbonating kegs. Force carb at higher pressure to drink quicker or set at serving pressure and wait.
What is the time frame for higher pressure. 30 psi X 12hrs for example

To be honest, for me I just connect the keg at 13/14 psi and leave it connected.Week later it’s well carbonated and good to go.Much better after 2 weeks though.

Latest posts

Back