How many litres have you brewed individually

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many litres have you brewed individually

• Total voters
I worked a day in a brewery in the summer with the brewer, and based on the size of the kettle it was definitely a few thousand litres we brewed hehe

Homebrew though it's gallon batches for me so 37 brews of say 4.5 litres.. only about 166L total

I don't really keep proper records but going on the bottles I've got in the garage this year I reckon I've done around 9 kits (~23L each) + 3 turbo ciders (19L).

So about 260 litres in total. It's only really me that drinks it though if we have friends over I will try to force it on them 😁

As far as all time goes I have no idea, I started brewing myself in my second year at Uni, 1991, on and off since then though for the last 15 years or so it's been mostly on!

Say 15 years, 100L per year, next 15 years 250 litres per year - over 5000L probably.

This year
I need to change my vote then. I didn’t Brew between December and April because I was waiting for my garage conversion to start and then get finished. I’ve probably brewed more frequently since then, I reckon 160L-180L as I’ve done a mixture of 20L and 23L batches.

1,000L a year is about one brew a week 😲

Well, I drink 1-2 450ml bottles most Friday/Saturday so that puts me at about 100L for the year. That's 5 x 18L batches, which sounds about right.

I must say I was expecting more of an accolade for my lifetime’s achievement, but at least one pair of hands clapping is better than a stony silence. asad1

Grand Total of beer brewed since I went all grain (in 1974, the year Dave Line’s 'Big Book of Brewing' was first published):

8635 gallons = 39,256 litres = 69,080 pints = 38½ tons !

This does not include my prior 17 years apprenticeship using malt extract.
Just seen this! You should be awarded the title of Chief Homebrewer In Charge. Also you need 5 stars after your name.

This year 315 litres of beer, cider and wine. In the 23 years I've been brewing.. No idea but deffo more than 1000 litres. Got to say I used to think I drank too much till I read this thread :laugh8: now I realise I must try harder lol :beer1:

Just seen this! You should be awarded the title of Chief Homebrewer In Charge. Also you need 5 stars after your name.
Thanks Clint, that’s cheered me up a lot. And I need cheering up as despite brewing all that beer, I’ve only two gallons of it left! 😭

ashock1 Just over a 1000 litres this year of beer, cider and wine made. Shocked with how much I have made but enjoy making them, so not going stop just yet. asad.

256.5 litres this year for me. Haven't done anything since October due to family/work commitments but hope to get one done soon.

Latest posts

Back