How many litres of home brew 2019.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 litres Old Tom Ale, been a very quiet year for brewing.
Total 16595

20 lit neipa
20 hazy ipa
20 lit breakfast stout clone in fermentation now

60 lit total

Bit of a catch up required.

23L Pale Ale
23L Ruby Mild
15L Jet Black Heart Clone

16,716 litres including MrSar9e's 60L

Also looks like we're going to smash last year's total.

Bit of a catch up required.

23L Pale Ale
23L Ruby Mild
15L Jet Black Heart Clone

16,716 litres including MrSar9e's 60L

Also looks like we're going to smash last year's total.
Jet black heart clone was one of my favourites, must do it again sometime it was a lovely drop.

Jet black heart clone was one of my favourites, must do it again sometime it was a lovely drop.
It was the first brew I did with my Grainfather almost 3 years ago, I got a custom kit free with it so put together the recipe from DIYDog and it was lovely, rebrewed a bit of a tweak based on what I had to hand, mostly dropping the wheat and doubling the oats to compensate, and I fermented with Saure Kveik at 30c instead of WLP-001. The sample at bottling was tasty enough to drink as it was.

I've been a bit remiss in keeping this score up to date and I see my last entry was 23rd August. Since then:
30 litres APA Citra
20 litres Guinness Original
27 litres Garden Hops Centennial
20 litres Garden Hops Cascade
12 litres 10-year-old Centennial
12 litres APA Citra
12 litres APA Idaho 7
12 litres Vienna Lager à la Gregg Hughes
16 litres Small Amber Beer DPBC recipe
20 litres TQFTPB Best Bitter
12 litres Christmas Beer 2019
12 litres Danièle's Beer
I think that comes to 205 litres, so:
16716+205 New Total 19821 litres

I've never heard of Jet Black Heart. Is it any good? Have you got a recipe, Zephyr?

Edit. I see it's a milk stout by Brew Dog. I've got everything in except Sorachi Ace. Can they be substituted, I wonder!

I've never heard of Jet Black Heart. Is it any good? Have you got a recipe, Zephyr?

Edit. I see it's a milk stout by Brew Dog. I've got everything in except Sorachi Ace. Can they be substituted, I wonder!
I didn't notice them in the first batch, I was considering dropping the late addition entirely this time but went with 10g Admiral at 15 in addition to the 10g at 60 min (15L batch, 30IBU) as it's meant to have a herbal orange character but never used it late before, it's my standard bittering hop. Have to watch the hop rates in DIYDog, the hops they add don't give the IBUs stated and DIYDog used to start 40+ IBUs for JBH where online it was 30.

I've been a bit remiss in keeping this score up to date and I see my last entry was 23rd August. Since then:
30 litres APA Citra
12 litres APA Citra
12 litres APA Idaho 7
12 litres Danièle's Beer

Thats some brewing since August

17l Festival Bonfire Toffee Stout
23l Youngs American Amber Ale (with Chilli again)

Total = 19893

20 litres Cwtch from a kit, 1st for two years since going AG.

19943 litres

30 litres APA Citra
12 litres APA Citra
12 litres APA Idaho 7
12 litres Danièle's Beer

Hi An Ankou could you check the total as it seems wrong to me and everybody has just tagged on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back