How many mince pies and Christmas puddings have you eaten so far this December

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave it in the mould wrap it with grease proof paper tied with string in a cool dry place

I'm in the southeast US. Cool and dry doesn't happen here until maybe November. Fridge is probably the best bet.

Will definitely try making it earlier next year. Thanks for the tip.

I always save a pint of this year's and pack it in a jar with bourbon. I break it out Christmas eve next year. Makes a huge difference in the flavor.

I've made loads of mincemeat and my wife knocked up some pastry over the weekend and made our first batch of pies. Cake made a few weeks ago and getting a regular 'feed' of brandy each week. It'll get started week leading up to Christmas.

We're having a 3lb Christmas pudding I made last autumn (I make a few every other year for the following 2 Christmases), but it's a Christmas day / boxing Day thing only in our house. Got to be served with both hot rum sauce and cold brandy butter though, mmmmmm.....

1 Mince pie so far, may have another tomorrow though. I'll get the other 'treats' from the supermarket before the festivities. Can't get Black Bun here - made my own last year but as it's only me that likes it I'll not bother this time - Bah humbug!

Last year I made proper mince pies with mince beef. They were delicious. Thinking of doing something similar this year.

Don't tend to eat Christmas Pud until actual Christmas day, personally I love it but the rest of the family are indifferent. Problem is with most meals don't really tend to have a desert or pud, partly as it would be bad for my waistline but also prefer savoury stuff so would rather some nice cheese, crackers and a glass or two of Port.

Also a bit slow on the uptake of mince pies so far this year, the wife and I have had a six pack between us so far with a bit of cream. Usually consumed in the day and whilst I don't drink a lot of coffee I would usually have it with one.

I think this thread should be retitled, 'How in the Hell has Clint eaten that many mince pies and can we hire another baker before he eats the next batch??' xD

SWMBO and I have decided that this year has been so cr*p that we’ve declared December a feast month! She buys an individual Christmas pud each week that we share. An attempt to control the waistline. :laugh8:

I think this thread should be retitled, 'How in the Hell has Clint eaten that many mince pies and can we hire another baker before he eats the next batch??' xD
Like giving a donkey strawberries... I've tried pies from Mark's, Asda, Morrison, Tesco and a couple of garden centres that do food..and a local bakery...best from the bakery with thick brandy butter piped onto the top! Marks best shop bought..I will also make some!
I've probably had more than a few boxes...

As I said to Mrs Stu the other night when she glared at me for grabbing a tin of the Xmas roasted peanuts, "if the decs are up then the snacks are fair game".

I still won't be listening to any Xmas songs until the last week at least. And even they'll be rock and metal versions.

None.

I've never really liked mince pies. I've weaned myself off all sweet things in the last 5-10 years. I did have one cake on my birthday in September, but not so much as a biscuit since. I will make an exception for a few pieces of Christmas pud though, with brandy cream of course.

I ate a Christmas pudding a few weeks ago that had been unopened in the cupboard for about 2 years, and just the one pack of mince pies over the past week or two.

I was sniffing around Lidl the other day for their mini stollen but they didn't have any. Boooo.

Latest posts

Back