How many more brews will you make in 2021

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a red stripe clone cold crashing and a house pale halfway through fermentation.

Will put something hoppy on mid month so I can dry hop around Christmas - possibly a longhorn clone.
And I have a kveik lager yeast which I'm desperate to use and the Christmas break would be the ideal opportunity to gaze at it daily.

Have a dry Irish stout fermenting ready for Xmas. And started a Gose and Schwarzbier today.

For me just one a Vienna lager.

I made a Mexican mole/ hot chocolate stout (with habanero from my chilli harvest) a few weeks back which is sitting in the keg til Xmas as I still have a smoked Porter on and thought this would benefit from a good spell sitting.

Also now realised that the mango milkshake ipa was getting dangerously low and my son who is down at Xmas loves milkshake ipa more than anything so just quickly brewed that again today to make sure there’s some for when he’s down.

And despite me thinking that was it ive now realised the APA I have as a kind of standard on all the time beer usually is also not far behind (blame my dad and football days) so debating whether I’m gonna need to do that again over the next few days too. Bit unprepared really for Xmas. I was thinking I would do a red ale or a dunkel for winter so might weight that up vs doing the APA again 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1-2 more for me this year.
Got a Dead Pony Club up next which always proves a popular choice with visitors.
If the contents of one of my kegs is well received over Christmas then I’ll get an Exmoor Gold on before the new year.

Managed to get 23ltrs of talus ipa in the fv today, hoping to get a nice neipa done early next week.That will be the last this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning an end of year user upper, probably to brew between Xmas and New Year.

This is what I've got ( thinking an English IPA, 15L batch )

Maris Otter 1.4kg
Extra pale MO 1.4kg
Munich .5kg
Extra Dark Crystal 250gm
Cara 200gm

Admiral 44gm
EKG 50gm
Cascade 40gm

I was going to bitter with 15gm Admiral at 60mins, then 15gm EKG at 10mins and 10gm EKG hopstand 80c.
Dry hop with 25gm EKG and possibly some Cascade ? IBU 48 EBC 26 5.3%
Happy to hear other suggestions ( also have some malted oats and Chocolate malt )

Got 2 full kegs and two batches nearly ready, this will take me to full capacity.
Just ordered myself an early Xmas present, another 10L mini keg !

Back