How many units per week. [POLL]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many units do you drink per week ?

• Below the recommend 14 per week.

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • 14 - 24.

Votes: 56 27.1%
  • 25 - 35.

Votes: 50 24.2%
  • More than 35.

Votes: 71 34.3%

• Total voters
Its just that all these do this, don't do that ,take it with a huge pinch of salt ,but of course thats bad for you as well ,as well as making sure you drink so many litres of water each day but of course that can kill you as well :)

I keep it around the 20 units a week - which used to be the safe limit for men until they decided under some gender equality nonsense, that men could not be allowed to enjoy themselves more than women and so reduced the male limit from 20 to 14 which was and still is the safe limit for women.
It was under some 'medical equality nonsense' that it was reduced. Its now TEN (10) units.
This is because the strength of beers etc has increased. Sadly. I hit 12 units this week. So thats it now until next friday. Health is important.
Having said that ive woken to my AG kit bubbling at 60 per min....

I am now only drinking Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, 3x 500ml bottles a night and that still takes me over the 14 units limit. Im really not sure I can take it down any more than that.
It was under some 'medical equality nonsense' that it was reduced. Its now TEN (10) units.
This is because the strength of beers etc has increased.
Perhaps I misunderstand you but Drink aware still lists 14 units, and I am not sure how the strength of the beer affects how many units you can drink, just the quantity?

I am not sure how the strength of the beer affects how many units you can drink
Multiply the volume in ml by the ABV% and divide by a thousand

1 pint of 4% beer

568ml x 4 = 2270

divide by thousand gives 2.27 units

a unit is a unit no matter of strength -
I know the strength of what I have bottle and the tops are marked, once a week (sun morning) I add up the tops
this last week
4 x 2.2
2 x 3.1
2 x 1.9

gives me a total of 18.8 units (so well below the original safe limit for men)

Multiply the volume in ml by the ABV% and divide by a thousand

1 pint of 4% beer

568ml x 4 = 2270

divide by thousand gives 2.27 units
Indeed, but my point was to the comment that seemed to suggest that the strength of the beer affects how many units you should drink, which of course it doesn't.

From the moment you enter this life everything is bad for you and one day you will die, we are all different with differing views on how we should live our lives the trick is not to force yours on others, so to all the folks who like to push their agenda ie mps medical folks and general do gooders i intend to land in my box with a hell of a crash bang wallop shouting that was a hell of a ride :laugh8: clapa athumb.. :beer1:

I shall continue drinking what i fancy ,some weeks it might being 14 to 16 units ,some weeks it might be 21 or so,i think the so called experts are just that ,so called all they are doing is justifying their job .

Please don’t take this the wrong way but I would probably kill myself before I managed that!
Tell the wife to give up moaning for a month as a fair comparison!
Enjoy everything you have deprived yourself of sir, you are a better man than me
Haha, it honestly wasn't that bad. After the first 5 or so days I just stopped feeling hungry. That said, i enjoyed my first beer after a month!

So 14 units per week for the UK and 35 for Spain :confused.:

aaaa.jpg

Latest posts

Back