How often do you get ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
to brew ?

So far this year I’ve done 3 brews.
About every 3 weeks is my brewing rhythm with only one brew fridge .

What’s the art of the possible ?

3 brews so far for me this year too. Want to try and get a few extra in soon as I want to lay down a couple for Xmas. One a month would be plenty for me usually but due to the amount I have been losing to family and friends I'm needing to up production.

That’s been my problem - two son in laws that have a acquired a taste for my home brew. Coupled with friends you can soon crash through a batch.

I’m building up stocks at the moment, so squirrelling it away until summer.

Just finishing the mash of my first brew for this year, a Burnley Home Brew mashkit for A Timothy Taylor Landlord. I've been lazy over winter - just drinking last years brews. Little left now so must brew 1 a month for the next few months!
Cheers :beer1:

I made a terrible error! I thought my stocks were super high (I brewed like a demon for Christmas and New Year then ended up not having a Hogmanay party) so I invited my mates round instead of our monthly night out. we drank the lot and now I only have 10 bottles of Dubbel ready to drink.

I’ve also done 3 brews this year but 2 of them were for a mate’s stag do and one is either a disaster or needs more time (won’t clear in the garage, horrible yeasty taste - it’s either oxidised or needs time to settle, I fear the former as M54 is usually pretty much clear as soon as carbonation is finished). I have enough ingredients in for another 2 batches then I’ll need to buy some more.

Last edited:
I try to have a kit on as soon as a keg/enough bottles become available.

Not getting to do any BIAB at the moment as my wife doesn't like the smell in the house, my garage is too full and the weather's too pony to brew outside.

I've done 8 this year(kits) as I'm stockpiling, it also helps having 3 brew fridges and the space for them inside the house. I took voluntary redundancy towards the end of January so have had lots of time on my hands but I start work again towards the end of March so will be slowing down a tad and enjoying the fruits of my labour.

Only once so far this year. Stocks are on 'eek' level. That's partly because I've been assembling a BIAB set-up in the garage which should get it's first (full) run out next week-end :) That gives me the capacity to run every four weeks with 18L to each batch which is enough for me to build up stock when necessary.

I'm on six brews already this year, all approximately 12L or 20 pints... Hoping to make it seven by the end of march... (I only started brewing last autumn so I'm still full of zeal!)

So far only one of these, a witbier, is drinkable :beer1: while last year's stocks are perilously low ashock1. I've got a porter that's almost ready for first tasting, a mild that needs a little longer in the bottle plus a pale ale and another witbier still in the FV. Oh, and a Czech pilsner that's still lagering.

I'd like to say I'm building up stocks but the trouble with brewing only 20 pints at a time is it soon disappears!

Twice so far - a maple stout and a cherry IPA, currently getting the kitchen done so all on hold till that's done. Aim after that is 3 or four times a month to try out all the recipes I've got stockpiled for when I'm brewing again, I've currently got the next 5 brews planned.

5 brews so far this year, all 4 gallon brews.

A best bitter 4.3%, a honey bragawd 6.2%, a 1864 Lovibond XB pale ale, an ESB 4.6% and a chili IPA still in the fermenter.

Best bitter all gone. Bragawd half gone. Rest to look forward to.

Last edited:
I’m into a good rhythm now with the last two being at 2 week brew intervals , planning another this weekend.

So far this year:

- Raspberry Wheat beer. 6th Jan.
- APA 23rd Feb
- Cornish Tin Miners Ale 10th March
- IPA planned for Saturday 23rd.

Stocks building nicely , although only ~20 bottles of Raspberry left.

Just 2 this year, I had a tripel last December that took quite long so I lost momentum. Picking it up again though, I aim for once a month.

Back