How often do you get ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done 3 brews so far this year. Generally brew,drink,repeat. I have space in my garage fridge for 2 kegs which I did do beginning of the year but I find I generally easier just to do 1 brew at a time maybe once a month or every other month. Especially as I then can use the fridge during fermentation instead of using my Cool Brewing Bag.

Just finishing the mash of my first brew for this year, a Burnley Home Brew mashkit for A Timothy Taylor Landlord. I've been lazy over winter - just drinking last years brews. Little left now so must brew 1 a month for the next few months!
Cheers :beer1:
Have you tasted this yet? Is it a good clone?

I normally brew at least once every 6 weeks as that works into my rota, brew when home, bottle before I leave then it's carb'ed and conditioned for my return. Last year I brewed 13 batches though as I can have a 2nd batch fermenting while I'm away if I get the first one on quick enough.

Brewed 4 batches so far this year but 1 was for/with a friend to show him the grainfather and how AG differs from the kit he'd done.

only just bottled my 3rd this year which is shocking. :eek: Mrs DOJ always moaning about how im always brewing.... grr. I normally get 12 or 13 done in a year so, need to sneak a wheat beer or two to catch up!

I've done 11 so far this year. But they are only 13-15 litre brews
One was a disaster and got dumped and ag11 is looking like it might go the same way... Sad face....

Have you tasted this yet? Is it a good clone?
It's not bad at all, clear with a nice head and good bitterness. I'm quaffing a glass of it as I write this. Burnley HB use Maris Otter malt for this kit, and someone at my HB club, while drinking a sample, said Ah! but it should be Golden Promise malt, didn't stop him drinking it though! All in all considering that the kit includes everything, malt, hops, US04 yeast and even a protofloc tablet for £17.99 I think it's good value
Cheers

I aim to brew every other week but sometimes it gets to 3 weeks. I drink in moderation but rarely have a day without thinning the blood! Well I don't want to risk a heart attack, do I? Usually gets to around 23 brews a year.

I’ve brewed twice this year so far. Woeful. I think I did 9 or 10 last year so I’m far from the most frequent brewer on here, to say the least!

About once a month. Having a marauding 1 year old around the house can make it difficult at times though.

Latest posts

Back