How stupid can you get?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Self isolating due to Major Surgery.

No unaddressed mail, flyers or leaflets.

No callers.

Parcels cannot be taken in for neighbours

So the above is posted on my front door. any yet I still got junk (SA4 magazine) through the door, which I had to dispose of and sanitize afterwards. I counted to 100 as well because stress is not a good idea ATM. asad1

I suppose the sort of person who posts **** thru your letterbox could be incapable of reading a simple instruction. Oh wait I didn't mention magazines do you think that would make a difference?

I have something similar to this on my letterbox i still get junk mail and occasional caller, when i open the door and they start to give me the sales pitch i point at the sign and slam the door in their faces, i know they need to make money but FFS leave those who have gone out of their way to ask you not to call alone you are wasting your time they are not going to buy your ****.

1633709469208.png

They're just dense.
My mum has a sign that says something like :

"We do not require double glazing, cold callers, salesmen, canvassers, or religious instruction. Please don't knock and close the gate on your way out"

And they all knock on the door, remarking how funny the sign is and then start their pitch. Doesn't apply to them...

The best ones also ignore my occasional "Do not knock, I was on the night shift last night" and bang away half an hour after I've gone to bed.

As for the 'God Squad' a few years ago (2009 to be exact) the Mormons (black suit and tie - think Blues Brothers without hat or shades-or humour) knock at the front door - They get as far as 'We want to talk to you about God' before SWMBO launches them with something along the lines of "My husband is in the Army in Iraq - what do you imagine I was thinking with two people in suits knocking at my door - now get lost" (only she said it in block capitals and may not exactly have said 'get lost'). Apparently the look on their faces was priceless as lost they jolly well got!

They're just dense.

"We do not require double glazing, cold callers, salesmen, canvassers, or religious instruction. Please don't knock and close the gate on your way out"

And they all knock on the door, remarking how funny the sign is and then start their pitch. Doesn't apply to them...
I've changed my doorbell chime to a ferocious dog barking but it won't stop letterbox botherers. We know our posties and they knock on our kitchen window which saves us both time.

A few years ago, I saw a group of Jehovah's Witnesses assembling at the corner of my street assigning houses to individuals. I opened my windows and blasted out Running with the Devil by Van Halen. Strangely, they didn't knock on my door. :confused.:

I have something similar to this on my letterbox i still get junk mail and occasional caller, when i open the door and they start to give me the sales pitch i point at the sign and slam the door in their faces, i know they need to make money but FFS leave those who have gone out of their way to ask you not to call alone you are wasting your time they are not going to buy your ****.

View attachment 55406
Anyone know of something similar to this that I can set up on my phone line? They'd probably still pay no attention to it and continue with the usual old on screen spiel. aheadbuttaheadbuttaheadbutt

We got a hand written letter from them recently via the postie. Guess they may have changed tack, or low on numbers. Must cost them a fortune in stamps!!
I had two of these recently. Currently in the fire basket.

To be honest if I saw a sign saying don't knock etc, I am the type of person to knock anyway.

Perhaps you are better off with a notice saying, something like, knock hard, I am out the back sharpening my axe.

I had a good friend who had the religious fanatic at his door.

He asked them, “do you believe that I will go to hell if I don’t join your sect.”

The response was, “yes.”

He then said, “do you believe I will go to heaven if I do”.

yes was the response.

He replied,” well put me down for hell and P*** off.”

They're just dense.

that's a good idea, especially the bit about the gate. As we don't have a gate to get to our door that will confuse the hell out of them :laugh8:

A few years ago, I saw a group of Jehovah's Witnesses assembling at the corner of my street assigning houses to individuals. I opened my windows and blasted out Running with the Devil by Van Halen. Strangely, they didn't knock on my door. :confused.:
An alternative is to answer the door naked!

Wire your letter box up to 240v mains,That will make em think twice o_O

Just think of all the poor trees that have given there little lives to produce all this ****.!!!
When aforesaid trees would be much happier purifying the air we all need to breathe.

Latest posts

Back