How to add a picture to a post.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Some members are having problems posting pictures so rather than deal with each individually here is a guide for all members.

The first method is to right click on the image you want to add to your post then click "copy Image" not "copy image address" then right click and paste it into your post.

The second method is to use the "Upload a File" button which can be found either directly below the text input area or in the bottom right corner. (see images below)

This may not post the picture in original size but will leave a small image in the post that members can click if they want to see the original.

Bottom right corner of screen -

The third method is to use https://postimages.org/ (no registration required)

Go to https://postimages.org/ click on "Choose Image" find the image you want to use and click on it, click "open" and on the next page copy the "Direct Link"

Go back to your post and click the icon in the image below then paste the address you copied from Postimage into the popup then click "Insert"

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
When you upload an image, if you click on Full size once it is uploaded it will fill the 800 x 600 size that is what is big enough to be seen, but not so big as to overpower the thread parameters.
The small thumbnail is the small photo that can be clicked on and will open full size over the forum, or in another tab.

Angie

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score

To get this image, I copied that first link and used the
upload_2019-9-23_10-11-6.png
and when the screen came up for the link, I put the address in the box, and saved.

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Only 4 members of the 23 who have posted have added the requested photo!

Most likely getting same error message I was getting. 600kb photo was too big. I reduced it and still too big. Gave up in the end.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
I have moved these posts from he inkbird thread so that one stays on topic and we can try to get this fixed.

Could i ask how you have been trying to post the picture (which method from the OP?)