how to avoid being crucified by SWMBO

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsey53

Reaction score
Got a special license from SWMBO :party: to use new kitchen stainless steel hob to do a AG .
Mashed ok , then set up boil and waited (about 10pm ) boil cranked up and left it to do the biz. She went off to bed early and i added the last hops and waited 20 mins , thought i would turn off gas and leave to cool overnight then chill cool with ice packs ect. in the morning. :D
woke up keen to finish the brew and get yeast ready while i chilled wort down a bit more but :eek: lifted my 23 ltr barrel of stove only to see black burned wort stains welded to the stove top :sick:
:pray: horror of horrors , she would be getting up in half an hour( and life would be not worth living as we know it Jim)
then i remembered BICARB of SODA :pray: was advised to remove stains from pots ect. so soaked the burnt **** with a paste of BS and after 10 mins a miracle ,using her wooden spatula i removed all the **** and re-polished the rest of the hob !!
result is now i am still alive and maybe the next brew i will avoid a boil over :whistle:

ANY OTHER CLOSE CALLS LIKE THIS ONE ?
drinking turbo cider with ginger
drinking AGb carob stout
FV kinda 15 ltres of pale ale my own recipe

my wife would probably sneak in and turn the gas up to boil it over and then get a new hob out of me in withering looks. :shock:

normally do outside Dave , bu has to be at my workplace where i have my bottle gas high burner, but this week i could,nt be assed , desperate to get the next brew on (we live on the 6th floor)
brewing in fv 20 ltres pale ale
drinking turbo cider
carob stout

Latest posts

Back