How to change your username.

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Several members have asked if it is possible to have their username changed (usually because they registered using their real name) if you would like yours changing for whatever reason post your preferred name here and when your next log in fails use the new one.

Last edited:

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
I hope SexyGurl71 is not taken yet!
I hope Chippy changes your username to this for a laugh and you are stuck with it!

When I was 17 I posted on a well known music magazine’s message boards. It was notorious for kids joining to post some inane drivel in the hopes of getting quoted in the magazine and it drove the regular posters mad. At one point there was a glitch that allowed users to change their own name, cue a raft of regulars thinking it was hilarious to pretend to be one of said kids. They mods discovered the glitch, fixed it, and I was stuck with the username “S8aNs MiNiON 666” until I stopped posting on it when I was about 19/20.

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was stuck with the username “S8aNs MiNiON 666”
Brilliant! I got banned from Digital Spy for doing the same thing of posting under spoof names. It was a really good place to troll on before the new generation of people that got offended by everything turned up and you didn't have to work at it. Sigh.

DavieC

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi Chippy, can I add to my username as there is another DavieC (with a full stop)
Just to save any mix up I thought I could just be. DavieC1st

stubrewworx

Reaction score
Can an old account of mine be merged with my new one?

Alternatively, the old one deleted and my current username changed to the old one?