How to make a face mask

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wearing masks in public where you are close to others probably is sensible (as in anything is better than nothing) but as it says in the document there is no evidence healthy people wearing masks in public can stop them catching a virus and with a world shortage of masks telling people to wear them would mean less for those on the front line.

The only time I wear a mask is when I go to the supermarket as the aisles can be real pinch points. I dont bother else wise especially it seems that if you touch the outside of the mask you can potentially transfer the virus onto your hands then onto youself if you then touch, for example, your face

Nah, got a choice of five, all full face. Also wear a buff (tubular scarf) that my wife lovingly refers to as a "snot absorber!"...

Chippy
You have not shown the whole document because it doesn't suit your views.

I have linked to the document i have nothing to hide, its a bit of a ball ache to copy parts of the document so i only copied the part that proves your claim to be false feel free to do the same to prove what i have posted is false.

Why oh why do you support this bunch of fools and try and suppress anyone else's opinion.

I don't support this government but i do think they have done a good job so far and doubt any other would have done it any better. (of course others will disagree)

I am beginning to tire of your accusations as far as i am aware i have never tried to supress anyone's opinions, again you post with no evidence to back up this accusation.

Last edited:
Anyone wanting to understand the position of the WHO on the wearing of face masks should read the excepts that @Chippy_Tea Tea has posted.
Better the full paper as linked by Chippy. I read it yesterday.
Whether the people at the WHO are also a bunch of fools due to their position on this is open to debate. But anyone who does think they are a bunch of fools will possibly be aligning themselves with President Trump, which might be a contentious issue.

Thanks Terry.

I do think once masks are readily available and they ease lock down the use of masks in places like supermarkets and shops will be advised (until a vaccine is found) as they will not want the virus to spread again and overwhelm the NHS.

Last edited:
So after our forum debate, the advice from the Government is now to wear a mask in on public transport and in shops. I've now completely stopped going on public transport and cycle anywhere I need to go(I previously would cycle to work then travel between clients by bus. I now cycle between clients too. I'll be fit enough to be able to do the tour de france when all this is over :laugh8:).

I now have three cloth masks, a camo one, a stealth black one and a fetching leopard print one. I also have several of the blue surgical masks as work has recently had a delivery of them and has given them out to us support workers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52620556

Last edited:
1111111111111.jpg

222222222222.jpg

@MyQul I notice in today's presser, bj differentiated between face masks and face coverings.

He wants the public to wear face coverings on public transport and in places where you can't social distance (mentioned in shops and workplace). He said face masks are needed by the NHS/frontline workers.

I should imagine all the homemade handkerchief type masks are all acceptable as face coverings even without being clipped tight

@MyQul I notice in today's presser, bj differentiated between face masks and face coverings.

He wants the public to wear face coverings on public transport and in places where you can't social distance (mentioned in shops and workplace). He said face masks are needed by the NHS/frontline workers.

I should imagine all the homemade handkerchief type masks are all acceptable as face coverings even without being clipped tight

I think perhaps; face coverings for the public to stop people spreading C-19 to other people and face masks for NHS to protect them from c-19?

Yes. I think that was what he was trying to get across. Therefore any material covering mouth and nose should be ok for the public. At least that's what I took from it.

Do you think people would freak out if i went out in a vintage gas mask. I think the seal is fine but it gets a bit foggy.
Yeh, slight problem. You need the anti-dimming wax and it comes with a little cloth to apply it.
image34.jpg
(wax one end , cloth in the other)

But your biggest issue may be the asbestos they used in the end of the filters. Fireproof see?
I've worn all types, still got the S10 as it comes without the added bonus of killing you.

Last time I wore a full noddy suit was spraying the house with flea spray from the vets. :laugh8:

Back