How to make Turbo Cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply @Soyyojuli . Honestly there's some fizz when opening but then when its in the glass there is the usual little bubbles rising up and that's it, nothing seriously fizzy and no gushing when opening. Having said it's only been probably a week and 3 days ish since bottling. I've only got two left out of the 9 i ended up bottling from the 4.5 litre DJ batch. I'll leave these in the warm for a few more days and just see how they go. Just to be clear the one's i've already drank have been sat in the same 20C ish temps for a week and a bit then i put them in the fridge for a day or two before drinking. They're PET bottles and away from everything so if they do pop then the mess wont go anywhere (in a tray and covered). I don't want bottle bombs of course but interested to see how much more they will carb.

Thanks for the reply @Soyyojuli . Honestly there's some fizz when opening but then when its in the glass there is the usual little bubbles rising up and that's it, nothing seriously fizzy and no gushing when opening. Having said it's only been probably a week and 3 days ish since bottling. I've only got two left out of the 9 i ended up bottling from the 4.5 litre DJ batch. I'll leave these in the warm for a few more days and just see how they go. Just to be clear the one's i've already drank have been sat in the same 20C ish temps for a week and a bit then i put them in the fridge for a day or two before drinking. They're PET bottles and away from everything so if they do pop then the mess wont go anywhere (in a tray and covered). I don't want bottle bombs of course but interested to see how much more they will carb.
No problem man. Just wanted to tell you about the potential danger. I find it weird that you havent got more fizz after over a week with the amount you posted. Ive used like 7 g / liter in my own ciders and its been lots. At least youre using PET bottles. Maybe for the next batch keep in mind that 12g / liter is a lot. My uncle ( also homebrewer) has some PET bottles and he said that there was little fizz because they leak a little through the cap. I would never bottle anything in glass with that amount. Any way, hope they turn up great! Happy brewing!

I started my first one (finally) 24 days ago. Presently it is still fermenting! :confused.: I'm sure I only put 100 grms of muscavado sugar in each demijohn.
Looking forward to seeing what hellbrew I've made (one day) :laugh8:

You could try some yeast nutrient if u have any! I'm heard tomato puree mentioned but I don't know if that's a old school homebrew joke! I'm sure if u have a search youll find an alternative.

I have just made 1 gallon of turbo cider, sticking to the method used by the original poster. It seemed to ferment well, its currently in my fridge cold crashing, before I bottle.

I fancy trying another batch. What else can I do/add in the next one? Can I use different juices, in combination with apple?Is there anything else others add to their turbo cider?I did consider using some fresh grated ginger, and seeing how that worked out....

I have just made 1 gallon of turbo cider, sticking to the method used by the original poster. It seemed to ferment well, its currently in my fridge cold crashing, before I bottle.

I fancy trying another batch. What else can I do/add in the next one? Can I use different juices, in combination with apple?Is there anything else others add to their turbo cider?I did consider using some fresh grated ginger, and seeing how that worked out....

I currently have one fermenting that I added a bad of frozen mixed berries to. Hoping it’ll end up a bit dark fruits style 🤷🏻‍♂️
I also would be interested in doing an apple and ginger ale/cider so if you do, please keep us updated!!

Try whatever you fancy as this is very versatile for a base and depending on what yeast you choose should it be a cider or ale yeast will add different levels of complexity to each batch you try.
Once you have the basics just expand your range and you'll be amazed what you find in the kitchen cupboard..

I currently have one fermenting that I added a bad of frozen mixed berries to. Hoping it’ll end up a bit dark fruits style 🤷🏻‍♂️
I also would be interested in doing an apple and ginger ale/cider so if you do, please keep us updated!!
Yeah, I did wonder about adding frozen fruit. Did you boil/mash them first?

I brewed a ginger beer last month, which I have just finished drinking. I do like ginger, so I might give a ginger cider a try.

I brewed a ginger beer last month, which I have just finished drinking. I do like ginger, so I might give a ginger cider a try.
I was making a Berry wine which turned out to be possible 17.2 so I split it up into 2 DJ's topping up with AJ.
I had 1.78kg mixed frozen fruit add to pan with 750ml of water and once heated I pureed with a hand blender and added a kilo of sugar then strained into the DJ.

Nope I just added into the DJ. Helped cool it down too as I’d dissolved sugar in a litre of warm water.
Bubbled nicely for a week, stopped now, but I’ll give it another week before racking

My 3rd batch of cider is now on the go. Much thanks to the op and this forum for the inspiration and education.
I searched for labelling ideas on here and was rewarded with a link to the beer labelizer website. I can add my recommendation.
Screenshot_20200516-101732_Samsung Internet.jpg

Try a frozen ginger
Screenshot_2020-05-30-21-21-59-451_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's excellent value in terms of price and effort, only drawback I've found so far is u don't get the body/cloudy appearance of fresh ginger. If ur only after the flavour of ginger it's excellent. I used 2 bags with a bottle of lowicz raspberry up to 12lt. It's more like a raspberry ginger ale but perfect for hot summer days! 👍

Update on my first batch. Finally stopped fermenting after just over a month. This is obviously so long because I added the 100 grams of muscavado sugar to 4.5 lts if apple juice.
I will bottle this the end of this week with my usual teaspoon per bottle of sugar to carbonate.
Last Sunday I started the second batch, this time putting Demerara sugar (100) grams into one demijohn and 100 grams of this year's honey into the second demijohn.
Will be interesting to see if there's any taste difference.
I'm guessing they will both take a month again. At present they are going like a train 😂

Latest posts

Back