How to make Wine......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Fox

Reaction score
Ok so this year has been a real eye opener for me in many ways but I’m proud to say I’ve taken steps towards making my own Brew.

I’ve done a few Beer Kits and can make some banging TC but now I want to turn my attention to trying to make some wine. The Mrs really like Pink Moscato and I’d love to make some for her.

How would I go about doing it?

I don't know what Pink Moscato wine is, but, if you can get it in a kit form, consider picking up an extra carboy and once the wine has been transferred to it, let it clear on its own without adding all the kit chemicals. They are only there to make the wine clear and (somewhat) drinkable in the shortest possible time. Decent wine takes time, and if there is a good amount of real grape juice, the wine that comes out in about 4 months (+/-) is infinitely better than following the recipe. Yes you do have to commit to the time...but its well worth it.

Moscato is a Italian sweetish wine with a little fizz if I am correct. I would do a base italian white/rose wine and maybe back sweeten with sweetener to taste then put in a corny and carb to your desired level. I have done sparkling whites this way before and it was like prosecco, just have a go I am sure it will be drinkable

Moscato is a Italian sweetish wine with a little fizz if I am correct. I would do a base italian white/rose wine and maybe back sweeten with sweetener to taste then put in a corny and carb to your desired level. I have done sparkling whites this way before and it was like prosecco, just have a go I am sure it will be drinkable

The one we buy isn’t fizzy. It’s just like a Rose.....

So it’s something you have to invest time into?

you can turn around some wine kits in 4 weeks approx but they obviously improve with age but not as critical with the cheaper quaffing wines. All you need is the usual fermenters and basic equipment which I am guessing you've got and if it is a still wine just wine bottles( you can use the screw tops with the original screwtops as long as you do not overtighten them for a few times to get you going) good luck its not hard but you will learn more with each one you do

you can turn around some wine kits in 4 weeks approx but they obviously improve with age

Wine Buddy, Solomon Grundy and the Range store Make Your Own kits will be in the bottle within two weeks and taste fine when new. :thumba:

Latest posts

Back