How to post/courier 5litre kegs (full)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frog 1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been researching this for a while now, I need to send my 5 litre kegs full of new recipe beer to my brew mates, but can't find a courier that will take more than 1 litre (royal mail) none are answering their phones and all listing liquids as restricted items.

Anybody had any success here, I'm wondering how the commercial brewer's manage to post beer?

Cheers.

So I bought a cannular canning machine last week after drinking several cans of 7%+ beer, reminder to self, never browse the Web when drunk and the credit card is in reaching distance. Look what happened, makes posting beer a bit easier. One step closer to commercial dream.

Attachments

• IMG-20210207-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20210207-WA0007.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 47
I just use royal mail to send out beer,
They are absolutely fine with it.

Love the cannula by the way, excellent bit of kit.

Parcelmonkey.co.uk suggest they don't take liquids - but I just said it was something else, packed it solidly and it was fine.i was a little worried as it was 6 bottles of spirits that cost a fair bit, but they got there OK.

A cannula is a tube that can be inserted into the body, often for the delivery or removal of fluid or for the gathering of samples. In simple terms, a cannula can surround the inner or outer surfaces of a trocar needle thus extending the effective needle length by at least half the length of the original needle Wikipedia

I think I'll give it a miss, thanks.

A cannula is a tube that can be inserted into the body, often for the delivery or removal of fluid or for the gathering of samples. In simple terms, a cannula can surround the inner or outer surfaces of a trocar needle thus extending the effective needle length by at least half the length of the original needle Wikipedia

I think I'll give it a miss, thanks.
Yeah I considered intravenous beer delivery, but my wife suggested I might have a drinking problem so I didn't bother 😂 ill stick to canning.

I just use royal mail to send out beer,
They are absolutely fine with it.

Was a, bit tricky to setup, but once done is a, great tool. Was canning a, neipa too, so bought the bottling wand that purges cans with co2, the beer hasn't been touched by oxygen since hitting the fermenter, so hoping for good results.

Latest posts

Back