How to print bottle cap labels.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The few 500ml swing tops I have are the same size.

In my case I have found it impossible to remove the labels/glue residue afterwards - could just be down to the particular label paper I use though.

Ah, that's a point. The crowns obv don't have that problem. I've got some 'sticky remover' stuff that's worked well on the glue from labels, but having to properly clean the swing caps could be a pain..
Maybe easier to label the necks with these instead for those bottles.

Hi,

Would anyone be able to share the excel file directly on here please, it looks ideal but i cannot download from the original site and it's not letting me join....

With regard to attaching the label and being able to easily remove it, have you tried milk? Works for larger labels, sticks well and washes off with no residue :)

Thank you for that, i clicked the link and made a copy that saves automatically to a cloud perhaps?! Is there a way to edit a single label that will edit all of the labels, sorry, not familiar with the inner workings of these things..

EDIT: Yes it automatically changes all the cells, utterly brilliant, thank you!!

Exce
Thank you for that, i clicked the link and made a copy that saves automatically to a cloud perhaps?! Is there a way to edit a single label that will edit all of the labels, sorry, not familiar with the inner workings of these things..

EDIT: Yes it automatically changes all the cells, utterly brilliant, thank you!!

Excellent! Here's an excel version, if that's any better for you than Google sheets.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LIN2gUhF_WZU6YEniAhYx5_uiRLN23h/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you Matt76 too! Great stuff, i did have a look for a version of the file but must have missed it, you've both saved me a lot of time making up my own,

Cheers!

I'm getting on fine with the printing etc but peeling the lables from the backing was driving me daft so I've started printing on regular paper (as suggested card is better) and then a tiny dab of Pritt stick onto the cap, place the cut out on top and Bob's your uncle job done. If your not too generous with the Pritt stick removing the label from the swing top shouldn't be a problem.
Cheers!
Tom

I just put a batch (lot) number on mine. Last batch was 07/2019, batch seven of 2019.
Write this on a peelable round 19mm diameter sticker. I use some of the Cooper's plastic bottles.
I need something I can get off the caps. Regular bottle caps I just write it on.

Nothing stays around long enough that I would forget what it was. If I do forget I can go back
through my brewlogs and find it.

All the Best,
D. White

Latest posts

Back