How to save time cleaning DJ's & Carboys.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hate cleaning DJ's, i never seem to be able to get the brush into the shoulder part, i have just used one of these which fits in a drill and its now a 2 minute job and they are spotless.

1374764777-60545300.jpg

Great idea but a bit expensive, I suppose if you do a lot of cleaning it's a must have.

I posted this here as i know some beer brewers also make wine but probably don't visit the wine forums.

From time to time I make 5L brews in 5L plastic jerry cans which are a bit like DJ's. I find oxyclean does the job nicely, especially to clean off the krausen scum/ring. I use 1tsp/5L, left for about 40mins

Last edited:
The material is similar to a Synthetic Chamios Leather, i think if you used cloth it would wrap around the plastic shaft part. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002ZP2AEM/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
Yep, I have 3. 1 used and 2 still in the 3 pack. That's what I had in mind and I have a plastic solid shaft that was a stand for speakers on an old pc 5.1 sound system. I just need to cut a slit in one end, put a strip of chamois in it, secure it with resin then balance it to avoid wobble when rotating. I'll get it done next weekend and post some pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back