How to use the Tesco Value kettle heating element

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I plan to instal 3 elements this week, one in HLT and 2 in boiler. I have 50l SS pots- cattering-France.

My question is.. How high from the bottom should I mout them? I read somewhere, that 6 cm is the ideal between the centre of the the hole and bottom..

any problems with SS wall, its thickness during mounting?

thanks

just finished putting my final element in this afternoon both tesco value kettles for my boiler first one was slightly high around 10cm but the second one is roughly about 6cm working a treat :thumb:,one more step towards the dark side :twisted:

I had planned to do this and bought 2 Tesco value kettles but the parts appear to have changed since this guide was written. The black plastic parts that join to the element are no longer circular, they have an extra section moulded on, did you guys just saw it off? Would that now affect the water tight seal? I have definitely bought Tesco value kettles!

no it doesnt effect the seal just saw it off and you are left with the round bit , just like this and these are the new value kettles bought at the weekend ,
14052012067.jpg

I just finished making my boiler after following this guide, the design of the ones I bought from Tesco is slightly different and it meant less faffing around with wiring and also can still use the switch. It brought 20L of cold water to the boil in just under 25 mins so not too shabby at all! Great how to, thanks for the help!!!

And here is the finished product:

boiler1.JPG

boiler2.JPG

boiler3.JPG

boiler5.JPG

boiler4.JPG

PokeHer said:
I had planned to do this and bought 2 Tesco value kettles but the parts appear to have changed since this guide was written. The black plastic parts that join to the element are no longer circular, they have an extra section moulded on, did you guys just saw it off? Would that now affect the water tight seal? I have definitely bought Tesco value kettles!
I agree hak them off with a junior hacksaw i did when i built our herms pot

all you need to do with rs is go on line set up acount pay on line pick up in store easy peasy m8
i done all my leads like this :thumb:

BrotherMalice said:
Cheers, will have to look into it and get an order in :)

dont know m8 as i have rs verry close to me the best thing i say is set up acount on line add items see wot post is :thumb:

BrotherMalice said:
Any idea what their shipping is like they are not the most local of companies

BrotherMalice said:

I use them to supply stuff for work, order before 15:00 (I think) and they'll have it to you before 12:00 the next day. Could be worth checking they'll ship to a home address, but I think they do.

ouch it may be easy to find out where nearest rs or a m8 is close to there and post em to him :thumb:

TRXnMe said:
BrotherMalice said:

I use them to supply stuff for work, order before 15:00 (I think) and they'll have it to you before 12:00 the next day. Could be worth checking they'll ship to a home address, but I think they do.

BrotherMalice said:
They will ship to a home address :)

Their cheapest shipping seems to be £12.95 :eek: :shock:

Think I will go to maplin instead...

:shock: :shock:

Gordon Bennett, I don't pay owt like that for delivery to work.

if ya stuck m8 i can get some and post to you if it helps m8 all it cost is price of items and wot post you need ie 1st or second class :thumb:

BrotherMalice said:
They will ship to a home address :)

Their cheapest shipping seems to be £12.95 :eek: :shock:

Think I will go to maplin instead...

Latest posts

Back