Howdy from Somerset

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flat Foot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a few days and figured I should create an account.

I'm a few weeks into this homebrew lark, and keeping finding 'just one more thing' to buy.

A couple of weeks back I borrowed a friend's press to use up some of the apples from the tree in my garden, the cider from that is currently in four demijohns and I'm planning to bottle soon (if I get another crop next year like this one I can do a couple of batches through summer and autumn - we usually end up giving loads away).

With my interest piqued I started a banana wine a week ago, decided to try a pumpkin wine to use up one of the pumpkins my wife grew and didn't know what to do with a couple of days ago (recipe from here) and also started a beer from a kit at the weekend. The airing cupboard is presently full....

I find myself vacillating between being lost at sea with the terminology and 'best practice' to occasionally feeling like I'm beginning to sound like I understand what I'm talking about....

Follow it up :laugh8: Radstock direction. But know all of that area well from bike rides.

I can confirm that it's all still there athumb..

Indeed, and I've always liked living in an area with bits pointing to the history of the area - the buildings, the batches, the clues of the old railways etc. I grew up here, moved away for a few years then got sling-shotted back, and it's nice now to point to things and explain to my kids where it came from

Latest posts

Back