I’m a beginner and creating a beer cellar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The room sounds great and a pretty good temperature to start with even if you do nothing else. I think a fermentation fridge is a fantastic bit of kit, I have two, but no need to worry keep an eye out and at some point they will turn up, probably for free.

Fermentation vessel wise I have spent a good few years with 25 litre water carriers, cheap, easy to move and never had a problem. Bugger to clean through a 75mm ish hole but I have a steam cleaner so no problem. Having said that I’ve just bought a Fermzilla and life looks a lot easier and it’s loads cheaper than some of the other kit you’ve bought.

Pressure fermenting, who cares the kit is about £20 buy it whenever you fancy trying fermenting under pressure but also remember it makes moving the brew around such as bottling easier.

Last thought, you have already invested a fair bit in kit so remember you can buy an all grain kit for, say an Old Speckled Hen clone, but a recipe is free. Hopefully after buying the equipment you are going to stick at the brewing so you may as well start buying the ingredients and brewing from recipes. A single kit and postage is fairly expensive!

Latest posts

Back