I don't watch T.V.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So as not to take the the other TV thread off topic i thought i would open this.

We already have 3 votes for "i don't watch T.V" so i was wondering what you do instead, we have had posts saying we watch DVD's etc but for this thread i am asking those that either do not have a T.V or simply don't watch it what they do instead, as i said in the other thread i dont watch a great deal of T.V but i wouldn't be without it.

The floor is yours -

I only pay for Netflix and Amazon for the kids,no other Sky etc, the only thing I really watch is iplayer for the footy highlights
I like to read, listen to podcasts (boxing,football) walk the dog, brew and spend too much time on here

a2bef7a0-82f8-0132-1da4-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

I listen to a ton of audiobooks. I used to read a lot but started to struggle with it before I eventually got glasses. Kept up the habit of audiobooks after.
I also do a lot of training in my own time. More certifications = bonus payments and payrises :)

Whilst I do watch quite a bit of TV I really don't watch much of anything "live" now. The wife and I have been working our way through a number of series that passed us by whilst the kids were young and we could only stay awake for 10 minutes after they'd gone off 😁

I watch a DVD of some kind every evening, either a movie or out of a box set. Unless I'm going out of course.
I do listen to Radio 4 during the day off and on, but of course you haven't needed a radio license for about 50 years.

Over the years I've accumulated something like 600 DVDs so there's always something good to watch.

Normal TV.. hardly ever its mostly sport I would watch anyway.

I watch Netflix or youtube..

My kids pretty much watch youtube or tiktok and of course they will watch movies from netflix or dvd

But standard tv? a rarity

I don't have a TV. I have a Netflix account which I personally rarely use, but my wife uses it, my parents use it, my wife has give our account to various friends...

I like to watch stuff on YouTube like gigs, cooking videos, brewing videos, I'm also really into 2 Minutes to Late Night right now. I spend a lot of free time playing PC games and reading about brewing. I've been making cider recently right now as well which is time consuming.

Occasionally I get into a good book. I got a couple for my birthday recently and have just finished Farmhouse Brewing by Lars Marius Garshol which I highly recommend. I'm now gonna start a Brief History of Lager.

The more I think about this the more I know if it weren't for the other half I would do without TV.

I watch very little TV and tend to watch various stuff on you tube (mainly golf) and the susiquent recommendations of course. I also spend far too much time on the forum.

I also spend far too much time on the forum
I have noticed my usage creeping up and up, and I can tell that I use it as a substitute for spending time in a more structured way. Hmmm. It reminds me of why I got rid of my FaceBook account about five years ago (something I've never regretted)

I occasionally fade in and out if someone is watching youtube in the living room (very rarely anything of real interest), for the most part though I just read books, comic books, hang out here looking for brewing tips, mindlessly surf the net etc.

The more I think about this the more I know if it weren't for the other half I would do without TV.

Agreed, if she goes before me the TV Licence is toast. I have noticed that our 28 inch Samsung screen in our bedroom makes an awesome 1920x1080 Monitor 😄 - Heaps better than the acer 22" 1680x1050 I would use for both our pc's and the 24" dell screen used with the works laptop

Same here. She puts it on every evening and I end up half watching. If she is out then I put music on and read if I am sitting still. Otherwise it's music or radio 4 and pottering in the kitchen or garage.

Latest posts

Back