I need ideas for cider for the mrs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobMorgan1981

Reaction score
I'm not used to brewing cider, as I'm more a beer person 😋
The Mrs likes Rekorderlig, but she doesn't like strongbow or Magners, as they give her a horrible hangover apparently.
Are any of you in the same boat? Can anyone recommend kits that may suit what she likes? With regards to flavours, she likes lots of fruity stuff, mainly strawberry and lime, but drinks most of them.

I'm not used to brewing cider, as I'm more a beer person 😋
The Mrs likes Rekorderlig, but she doesn't like strongbow or Magners, as they give her a horrible hangover apparently.
Are any of you in the same boat? Can anyone recommend kits that may suit what she likes? With regards to flavours, she likes lots of fruity stuff, mainly strawberry and lime, but drinks most of them.
I have a recipe for a fruits and berries Turbo Cider (TC) that I used to brew for my missus and she likes Rekorderlig and Kopparberg fruit cider.
All you need is a DJ, airlock, siphon tube, 5L bucket 8 or 9 500ml bottles and the ingredients. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the recipe.

I have a recipe for a fruits and berries Turbo Cider (TC) that I used to brew for my missus and she likes Rekorderlig and Kopparberg fruit cider.
All you need is a DJ, airlock, siphon tube, 5L bucket 8 or 9 500ml bottles and the ingredients. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the recipe.
Do I have to use DJ? I have FV with airlock

LoveBrewing do a nice apple cider kit if it’s available. My wife likes fruity ciders so I make the apple cider and add cordials - cherry works quite well.

89AE7AD7-769B-47DE-A4B6-90F4A3886166.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance, but do you add the cordial whilst brewing? Or just a splash in her glass? 😂

😂 The latter. Brew normal apple cider and add flavouring as you serve - that way you can have many flavours available to suit your every mood and whatever strength of flavouring you like.

😂 The latter. Brew normal apple cider and add flavouring as you serve - that way you can have many flavours available to suit your every mood and whatever strength of flavouring you like.
Agree. I've made the Bulldog strawberry and lime cider but from what i recall it was apple juice concentrate with strawberry and lime favouring powder.

Just done an "On the Rocks" peach and mango kit for Number Two Daughter. She tried it last night and pronounced it "really nice". It was quite light and definitely not as sweet as I was expecting despite only being ten days in the bottle.

PM sent with recipe athumb..
Banbeer, any chance you could be so kind to share the recipe with me too please?

I'm brewing my first cider right now, but it's only a test batch - 3 litres in a 5 litre demijohn, straight Tesco AJ with D47 yeast. Nothing else. D47 was all I had, so I'm going to see how it turns out before deciding whether to add fruit or cordial in secondary to flavour before bottling and priming. I've got some cider yeast on order too.

Kit wise Wobbly Gob do a great blood orange cider.

or make a turbo cider with rhubarb added in
When you say rhubarb added, do you mean just throw in some rhubarb? I have some rhubarb in the freezer, that has been chopped to inch long bits. Just chuck that in? Or do something else to it first?

I cooked the rhubarb gently in water with sugar and pectolase then strained the rhubarb and added the juice to fv and portioned the pulp into bags for use in crumbles etc . Its priming in bottles at the moment but the sample i tried had a good rhubarb flavour .

Latest posts

Back