I want to carbonate my IPA a little more ?? How many more grammes should I add

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milesey

Reaction score
Hi

I've done this batch of 2 can Wilko feeling hoppy , 1kg enhancer , 100g of hops including what was supplied in the kits

Sg 1062

Two days ago it was at 1011

So anytime.now I'll be bottling

Let's say calculator suggests 100g of sugar , same as what's supplied in Young's American IPA AND Razorback IPA. Now the Razorback and the Young's I've recently done are absolutely bloody superb , however I'd like them to be just a bit more gassy

How much more sugar should I add for a bit of extra carbonation without causing bombs or hyper active ale on opening !!!

Thanks everyone

It depends on what you mean by a "bit of extra carbonation." Back when I bottled, I just used the online calculators. If I remember correctly, it usually asked how many volumes of CO2 you wanted. I had no idea how to quantify that other than by looking at the various styles and their avg vols. Then I would just adjust the calculator accordingly. So if something was usually around 2 vols and I wanted it a bit more, maybe I'd try 2.3. I never got it down to an exact science and quickly switched to kegging.

120g / 110g was what I was hoping someone would.say

The priming calculator is way over my head 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back