I want to make something like john smiths or creamflow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynevilla

Reaction score
I am currently drinking Geordie bitter but was hoping it would be like john smiths or worth intron cream flow but it's not. I go to testosterone and wilko for kits. Can anyone recommend a suitable option to be like them?

I am currently drinking Geordie bitter but was hoping it would be like john smiths or worth intron cream flow but it's not. I go to testosterone and wilko for kits. Can anyone recommend a suitable option to be like them?

If you did a Geordie bitter with 500g of DME from Wilko and dropped the sugar to 800g you might be a bit closer.

IMHO you are aiming at mediocrity here as all the three Coopers kits sold by Wilko are proven winners - just check out the Stout. UK Bitter and Aus Lager reviews on the site.

Wilko also sell Wherry at £19, now sadly without the 25% sale discount, but that kit makes beer rather better than the commercial pub brands you name, with no additions other than 500g of table sugar to soup it up a bit.

:cheers:

If you're using a pressure barrel with the little co2 chargers I'm sure you can get the ones that make it a creamy flow, rather than just a c02 charger.

You can also buy a nitrogen and co2 mix for the mini gas chargers. Beats me why you want something like john smiths or worthingtons, that's why I started homebrewing so I could stop drinking that swill. Watch YouTube and learn as much as you can, hop additions and steeping grains for different flavours. There's a wonderful world of ale and beer to explore. Start with a woodfordes kit, much more flavour. More expensive but you'll realise how nice homebrew can be.
Geordie can be a good base malt for adding hops to or more malt. On its own with sugar it's a bit basic.

You can also buy a nitrogen and co2 mix for the mini gas chargers. Beats me why you want something like john smiths or worthingtons, that's why I started homebrewing so I could stop drinking that swill. Watch YouTube and learn as much as you can, hop additions and steeping grains for different flavours. There's a wonderful world of ale and beer to explore. Start with a woodfordes kit, much more flavour. More expensive but you'll realise how nice homebrew can be.
Geordie can be a good base malt for adding hops to or more malt. On its own with sugar it's a bit basic.

Can you point me in the direction of where yo can buy the nitrogen CO2 mix please? I currently use CO2 on my ales and nitro on my Stouts, but would prefer to use mix if I can get it. I use the 8g bulbs.

FatCol :cheers:

The nitro that you use for stouts is the co2 nitro mix. They are usually, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, a 70/30 mix. But if you're after a cream flow bitter, then they'll do it. Stouts as well of course.
If you get more into cornie kegs and a gas set up, you can get mixes of 30/70 all the way through to 70/30 mixes in the large pub style cylinders so you can get the perfect mix for your own taste.

The nitro that you use for stouts is the co2 nitro mix. They are usually, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, a 70/30 mix. But if you're after a cream flow bitter, then they'll do it. Stouts as well of course.
If you get more into cornie kegs and a gas set up, you can get mixes of 30/70 all the way through to 70/30 mixes in the large pub style cylinders so you can get the perfect mix for your own taste.

No, the ones I use (Liss brand) are 8g of pure N20 according to the box. I've never seen an 8g with a gas mix, hence my question. It would be nice to have them, but not essential.

Cheers
FatCol

Sodastream just dissolves CO2 in water.
So the answer is just NO, unfortunately.
It's the sparkler at the point of delivery that makes the bubbles smaller, as the beer is forced through a smaller aperture, to make the bubbles smaller. Same physics as tightening the nozzle on a spray gun (for those of you with roses, :lol:)

Latest posts

Back