I want to register as a microbrewery and sell my own beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobarian

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I would like to set up as a microbrewery and sell my own craft beer to local craft beer pubs. Has anyone else done this that could give me advice on how they did it?

So far I have identified that I need to register as a microbrewery with HMRC, get them and food standards to come and inspect me, register my microbrewery name with companies house and make sure I keep good records of house much beer I produce and sell.

Am I missing anything else? I don’t aim to make a lot of money or replace my current job, but I would like to do this as an extension of my hobby.

Adam

If brewing at home then you will need change of use. I think you need a dedicated brewing space with drainage.
You will need to inform water provider and insurance company.

You will also need trade waste permissions. one for disposing of spent grain and the other from your waste water supplier to dispose of trade waste down the drain.

There are many other permits etc that you need like use classification for the location where you are going to brew. HMRC registration for the companies and also the excise duty and business accounts that you will have to report each year. Food standards and be registered as a beer producer.

It is a many faceted endevoir but one to follow if you are truly passionate about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back