I was not drunk last night

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labrewski

Landlord.
Reaction score
Would u believe I was in bed last night at 9.20 asleep at say 9.40
Sober had 4 maybe 5 at most pints
Jumped out of bed like a lunatic at 5.30 this morning thinking it was Monday and my alarm never went off
It's normally set for 4.50
I'm rummaging for socks and jocks and wife says what are u doing
I'm like I'm late for work sshhh
She like u fool its sunday 🤪I'm like whaaaa u sure
Couldn't believe it I nearly went to work like an awful fool
I wonder did it ever happen to anyone and how far did u get till someone said go home

I have never done that but did turn up an hour early when the clocks changed once DOH.

When I was 17 and worked in the offices at the local Slaughter house I got up on a Saturday morning dressed for work and was stood at the bus stop waiting for the bus. It did not dawn on me that I was not working until the bus did not turn up ( they worked a skeleton bus schedule on none working days so my normal work bus was not on).
When I had stood for 20 minutes and it did not turn up the penny clicked, a stupid mistake but that nice feeling when I realised I could go back to bed. :D:D:D

In my worst case I have keys and codes to most to most jobs so probably could have a few hours till I noticed something wasn't right
Bad day off for me

At least it was an hour early than an hour late when the clocks go forward :laugh8:
I had a boss do that on a Monday morning.
He was surprised all the staff were in.
The staff were all surprised how dishevelled and unshaven he was.
Think about it.
He had lived a whole 33 hours out of sync. with the rest of the U. K.!
😂😂😂

Tomorrow morning is my first day back at work for two weeks. I hope I can remember my password and the combination to the TASER safe (I'm a response copper). I predict somewhere in the region of 100 emails - most of which will be 'helpful' things from senior management, such as 'The effect of menopause in the workplace' - I know all about that, ask the Mrs! 'Believe with a capital I - diversity strengthening the profession'. I'm perfectly diverse in that I am equally rude to everyone. There will be the usual 'why haven't you done this?' ones, 'because I wasn't there'. Shift starts at 0700. By 0715 it will feel like I was never away. I usually try to be first in by about 0630. This is good for the off going shift as they can start putting their stuff away and I also get the choice of vehicle and can usually grab one of the Transit vans.

Tomorrow morning is my first day back at work for two weeks. I hope I can remember my password and the combination to the TASER safe (I'm a response copper). I predict somewhere in the region of 100 emails - most of which will be 'helpful' things from senior management, such as 'The effect of menopause in the workplace' - I know all about that, ask the Mrs! 'Believe with a capital I - diversity strengthening the profession'. I'm perfectly diverse in that I am equally rude to everyone. There will be the usual 'why haven't you done this?' ones, 'because I wasn't there'. Shift starts at 0700. By 0715 it will feel like I was never away. I usually try to be first in by about 0630. This is good for the off going shift as they can start putting their stuff away and I also get the choice of vehicle and can usually grab one of the Transit vans.
Have a safe day.

we tend to regard a successful shift as 'didn't get sacked'.

I would have guesses "didn't get hurt" would be something you think about regularly but i had not realised fear of the sack would be something on your mind are things that bad?

I would have guesses "didn't get hurt" would be something you think about regularly but i had not realised fear of the sack would be something on your mind are things that bad?
It's always there at the back of your mind. Complaints are common, though the introduction of body-worn video has reduced the number of complaints by 75%. I've had all my complaints rejected other than one where I was 'advised' about how to speak to members of the public. I was 'undiplomatic'.ashock1

It's always there at the back of your mind. Complaints are common, though the introduction of body-worn video has reduced the number of complaints by 75%. I've had all my complaints rejected other than one where I was 'advised' about how to speak to members of the public. I was 'undiplomatic'.ashock1
I've seen that '007' person being 'undiplomatic' recently,
I expect you weren't anywhere as undiplomatic as him/her.
Post ops. guidance is always available if asked for, even if not of course. 😉

I once turned up at my brothers house ( he lives in cheshire, I live in bristol) to go with him to a gig in manchester, to be told I'm a day early! I booked 2 days holiday with the firm, so straight after the gig had to drive straight home to be ready to start driving at 6-30 am!

Latest posts

Back