IBU and fermenting under pressure.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
For those with experience here, can fermenting under pressure increase bitterness? Just tasted my first effort with this method and everything is really good except it’s a very bitter finish compared to the numerous previous brews to this same recipe.

Can Fermenting under pressure have this effect or has something else creeped in?

For those with experience here, can fermenting under pressure increase bitterness? Just tasted my first effort with this method and everything is really good except it’s a very bitter finish compared to the numerous previous brews to this same recipe.

Can Fermenting under pressure have this effect or has something else creeped in?
Could it be astringency? I never noticed any difference when I was pressure fermenting to none pressure ferments.

I didn't had any additional bitterness, but I have read somewhere that over carbonation can cause such off-flavours. Google for "over carbonated beer acid"

Latest posts

Back