Iceland to offer loan's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always going to happen when inflation rises. People always push themselves to much and don't save for a rainy day.

* yes I am aware not everyone can

Should we be ashamed of our country or just sympathise with people.

Sympathise with people.

1660667913376.png

This is shocking a food retailor offering loans so people can eat ffs it's 2022 not 1722, it is time to reel in all the dirty fecking tax dodging bastards of this world make them pay for their dirty deeds, please don't answer this post i fear i might get banned
I’m answering and you are bang on.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is shocking a food retailor offering loans so people can eat ffs it's 2022 not 1722, it is time to reel in all the dirty fecking tax dodging bastards of this world make them pay for their dirty deeds, please don't answer this post i fear i might get banned
Tax dodging is one thing, but it's legal tax dodging otherwise they'd be banged up in the nick! It's the responsibility of the government of our benighted isles to close the loopholes and call these dodgers to account, but, while there are nice fat backhanders to be pocketed, why not stay on the gravy train.

12 years of Tory mismanagement has made us a 3rd world country. Now is the time for change, whoever wins the poison challis should immediately call a GE. When we get 1980’s style riots it will be the poor police who be in the firing line as they were then.
Not sure if it's mismanagement, they have managed it perfectly to suit their own needs and those of their supporters. What I don't understand is who voted them in and still votes for them.

Tax dodging is one thing, but it's legal tax dodging otherwise they'd be banged up in the nick! It's the responsibility of the government of our benighted isles to close the loopholes and call these dodgers to account, but, while there are nice fat backhanders to be pocketed, why not stay on the gravy train.
Yep morality doesn't exist anymore only me me me athumb..

Not sure if it's mismanagement, they have managed it perfectly to suit their own needs and those of their supporters. What I don't understand is who voted them in and still votes for them.
Bit like EastEnders no one admits to watching it but it gets high viewing figures. No one admits to voting Tory but they win. We have another 2 years of these jokers.

I totally agree, no reason for a ban.

12 years of Tory mismanagement has made us a 3rd world country. Now is the time for change, whoever wins the poison challis should immediately call a GE. When we get 1980’s style riots it will be the poor police who be in the firing line as they were then.
We aren't the only country seeing high inflation. The tories down control every country

But like EastEnders no one admits to watching it but it gets high viewing figures. No one admits to voting Tory but they win. We have another 2 years of these jokers.
I voted Tory for years. That was despite coming from a household of Trade Unionists, being born and bred in Wigan (where Conservatives will never win as an MP) and latterly living in Chorley (staunch Labour seat and now uncontested due to Sir Lindsay Hoyle's position - legend that man).

I don't blame the Tories for the current/impending recession and inflation - afaik we are not the only country this affects and we have extenuating circumstances of Covid and War.

What I will never forgive is the behaviour of Johnson and his MP pals under his leadership which has been disgraceful and tolerated by the party in my opinion. For that reason, I will never vote Tory again.

Edit - for completeness, I don't watch Eastenders! But I'd probably choose to watch that over Corrie.

Last edited:
It's a "loan"...which in theory will have to be paid back. If you default I suspect it'll be a solicitor job,fine,interest or whatever. Neither of which anyone who can't afford their next meal will be able to pay. I suspect its a gimmick...Iceland "loan" £50 worth of food to 1 million people and those people don't pay back they go bust..plus people need feeding quite regularly...so is it just one load or a years worth? Plus...will they be offering the free delivery or will that come with a £50 charge?
Or is the country Iceland and has this been looked at by Gordon Brown?

Back