idea for when we reach 1000 posts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
with this 100 members competition i was wondering what i, or more to the point, ALL of us could do when we hit 1000 posts.

what do you guys reckon?

i've thought of a few ideas so far. the first not quite so practical because of distance, but the person that hits 1000 posts could hold a house party, which could result in a beer swap, etc.

the second idea was that the person that hits 1000 posts could send out beer to anyone that wants it (though that could get costly and no doubt some people will not be able to manage that)

the third idea was that the other members send them a bottle of their beer to congratulate the 1000 poster..

and finally, and less responsibly... the 1000 poster has to go into a drinking contest with the previous winner... but to repeat what i've already said to Wez "i prefer the latter idea of a drinking contest although if someone doesn't take my belt from kicking AT to the kirb, i'll end up having a drinking competition with myself... which wont go down to well cos i'll get really competitive with myself and the mrs will wonder who i'm talking to"

so what do you guys think? throw some ideas in, and when i think we've got enough ideas, i'll turn it into a poll ;)

I've been in training :drink: I'll be looking for a rematch soon, where's the boxing smilie?

oh yes, we need a boxing smiley :D

i've not got littlern this coming weekend... so you up for it? (regardless of my posts)

I think i have a littlern coming this weekend :oops: So far anyway, her mother is in physco mode this week so come the weekend it could all change. Ufc is on Saturday night so it's not a good weekend for me anyway. Also i'm carrying a small injury in my drinking arm, forgot to warm it up Friday night. It was always gonna end in tears :lol:

You guys don't even think about quoting the part about not warming up the arm Friday night! :lol: :lol:

dammit :twisted: i'd already thought of several things i could say before i got to your last line :lol:

unless we pull a naughty one and do it on a school night again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe the next weekend your free? School night is no good for me now cause i have 50 miles on bad roads to drive to work at 6.30 am

You might be best doing that ******!

*disclaimer - The above is a joke and THBF does not condone drink driving ;)

ouch!

i'll have littlern, so have to be responsible. i do have the occasional drink when he's here but make a point of not getting inebriated just incase i need to do fatherly stuff... especially after the excuse the ex gave me regarding his inhaler when i dropped him off this evening :evil: i'm going to have to write a letter to his doctor requesting a prescription (see what your drinking thread) but i'll leave it at that for this thread hehe

haha you and your get out clauses Wez ;)

ha ha

I work for some of the UK's top lawyers, I'm well used to get out clauses :lol:

:rofl:

You should see the way they treat some of their secretaries and PA's :nono:

Back