Idea's please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all looking to branch from the usual bitter pale ale ipa, I have 2kg pale malt 2kg pilsner 500g munich 1, abit of biscuit 250g, same of crystal 120, hops I have 50g ekg, 100g tettnang, and mangrove jacks m41 yeast, I was thinking along the lines of something Belgium or German

Are you up for buying a different yeast? Do you want to use up all ingredients? I can see a few recipes for a nice Belgian beer, or could do a cali common or helles but a different yeast would be needed.

If you use the pale, pilsner and Munich malts, moderate hopping with the Tettnang, and using the M41, I reckon you'd get something like a Patersbier. Weaker than normal Belgians, I think it it was the thirst quencher for everyday, working monks. When I say weak, you'd still be aiming for 5 - 6 ABV.

The grain you've got looks like a cross between GH's Belgian Blonde Ale, Abbey Beer, CalCom and Kölsch, which isn't a bad thing.

I would use all the grain, 30g EKG 60 mins, 30g Tettnang 5 mins, 50g Tettnang at turn off. Mash at 65c

You'll still be lighter than a biere du garde or dubble, just throw it all in man, if you have any left over curry in the fridge...throw that in as well for a hint of coriander

Back