Idiotic Brewzilla question alert!!!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you clean a Brewzilla?

I received my Brewzilla a couple of weeks ago but have only just got round to playing with it. I did a trial run with water yesterday and am hoping to find the time this weekend for the maiden brew.
So I need to clean it properly. I have some oxy cleaner and Chemsan for afterwards.
There is a world of info on the forum but None about cleaning that I can find, especially the first clean. I’ve never used oxy before and to be honest wouldn't know how much to use.
In the past I’ve always cleaned and sanitised after every brew and sanitised again before a brew. There’s a lot of Brewzilla users here and finding out their routines would be interesting.

How do you clean a Brewzilla?

I received my Brewzilla a couple of weeks ago but have only just got round to playing with it. I did a trial run with water yesterday and am hoping to find the time this weekend for the maiden brew.
So I need to clean it properly. I have some oxy cleaner and Chemsan for afterwards.
There is a world of info on the forum but None about cleaning that I can find, especially the first clean. I’ve never used oxy before and to be honest wouldn't know how much to use.
In the past I’ve always cleaned and sanitised after every brew and sanitised again before a brew. There’s a lot of Brewzilla users here and finding out their routines would be interesting.
If it is the initial clean the TSP is the go to. Cleans any factory residue left in the Brewzilla. Oxy cleaner won't clean away any oil residue which may be there.

After mucking about with it yesterday the water was a little dirtier. I went through the mash temp and circulation phase, boil and whirlpool. Overall it was going for about four hours it total, afterwards I was surprised about the colour of water, I suppose some oils came off. I think I’ll just treat it like a massive cook pot and make sure it’s nice and clean. Overthinking it no doubt.

One last thing though, the silicon pipe is quite long, does it need to be trimmed?

I left mine long'ish and just lay it out/coil it on the top screen. I change direction a couple of times during the process. No idea if this does anything worthwhile but like to think it avoids channels through the grain.
Leaving it long means I can use it with pump on during cleaning to rinse down different parts...

I just use soapy water to clean out the worst and then use white vinegar to clean in inside and out. Sometimes need to soak deposits off the boiling plate with vinegar.

I don't sterilise it, you will be boiling in it so there is no need.
Was cleaning mine the other day and there were some deposits on the bottom I couldn't shift with a microfibre cloth and warm percarbonate solution. Tried a bit of vinegar and it rubbed right off.
Cheers for the tip... athumb..

Latest posts

Back