If you could only drink one commercial beer for the rest of your life.......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1636143435184.png
a cracking pint when kept well
1636143435184.png

Pint of Guinness in my local, the 'Yankee's' (aka Mrs O's or O'Connells in Skryne Co. Meath).

That or a pint of Smithicks with a Guinness head.

Attachments

• the-quaint-inside-of.jpg
    the-quaint-inside-of.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 34
I think my favourite pint is tiny rebel’s cwtch. But I’ve only had my own version so for commercial I’d say draft Guinness. But it has to be from the right pub as it seems not all guinness’s are equal.

Eighteen year old me would have said a pint of 1989 Guinness from any pub. Now, errr, well with the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool and other pubs following the same road as it. I just couldn't commit to one commercial drink. I am such a dirty beer philanderer ;d

I just couldn't commit to one commercial drink. I am such a dirty beer philanderer ;d
I'm the same, I couldn't commit to just one, looking around and trying new ones, and coming back to old favourites is all part of the fun (just to clarify, I mean beers)

Usually if I'm in a pub and the selection looks poor I go for a Guinness but given the choice I'd rather try something different every time. Some real gems out there to be found.

I'm the same, I couldn't commit to just one, looking around and trying new ones, and coming back to old favourites is all part of the fun (just to clarify, I mean beers)

Usually if I'm in a pub and the selection looks poor I go for a Guinness but given the choice I'd rather try something different every time. Some real gems out there to be found.
Now for a bit of beer misogyny:
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/academic/class/15612-s98/class/vez/www/pages/beerwomen.html
...and I fully expect to be barred for life. And quite rightly so.

A difficult choice but here in the UK it would have to be "Proper Job" because, although draught is best, bottles are a close second. However, if I was in Germany then Jever Pils. It must be one of the bitterest German pilsners ever. I've drunk it many times on draught in Germany, but unfortunately the bottles I've bought here have never been quite as good.
Agree with you about Jever Pils - my favourite German lager. I once managed to fit 4 X 24 can trays into odd corners of the caravan when returning from Koblenz.

Fyne Jarl has been my answer to these sort of threads for almost a decade now and I cant see that changing. Perfect balance of flavour and drinkability.

Agree with you about Jever Pils - my favourite German lager. I once managed to fit 4 X 24 can trays into odd corners of the caravan when returning from Koblenz.

A few years ago my wife and I stayed on a campsite in our motor home just outside Jever. We went to see the brewery, but we didn't bother with the tour because my German isn't really good enough, and she's not that interested either. However, it was very nice indeed to have the opportunity to drink the beer where it is brewed acheers.

Historically speaking, if I could have it draught it would have to be

Wadworths 6X,
or
Marston's Pedigree.

But they have to be the mid-'70s versions, all of them!
The sound track to accompany either of them has to be Whiskey in the Jar by Thin Lizzy.

"When Phil was asked how he felt about being Black and Irish he said "Like a pint of Guinness". My Man. God Rest your sweet soul Phil. Next time "

Mid 70s Pedigree was a special beer. So full of delicate hoppy flavours.

Latest posts

Back