If you had £600 or so saved up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I’m sure no one is curious, however, I kept saving and saving and topped up with some selling of things and I managed to have enough to get a Grainfather conical and a glycol chiller. Wow, I am mighty impressed! Temperature control is amazing and I love watching it on my phone. Made an India Pale Lager and it’s so good! Very pleased!

Well, I’m sure no one is curious, however, I kept saving and saving and topped up with some selling of things and I managed to have enough to get a Grainfather conical and a glycol chiller. Wow, I am mighty impressed! Temperature control is amazing and I love watching it on my phone. Made an India Pale Lager and it’s so good! Very pleased!
Wow that's quite some shiny kit from saving particularly the glycol chiller. Good job it's impressive after buying something like this 👏🥳

I am sure members will be interested, have you any pictures?

Nice and neat!
537F1EA3-7BB7-4C76-B444-AE87FA7E13FC.jpeg

If I really had some money burning a hole in my pocket then I might be tempted to start using pressure fermenters i.e. Fermzilla / Fermentersaurus. I like the idea of closed transfers and so on but the benefits don't justify the outlay to me at the moment.

£600 will get you a great keezer set up, plus some extra cornys for pressure fermentation - only done one so far, but I plan on doing most of my fermenting in a corny now. Beer tastes great and took no time.

I love it! I have no regrets at all! It’s easy to clean, holds temperature beautifully, and can easily set fermentation profiles on my phone. Have made some cracking beers with it!
Negatives, are the dump valve is a bit awkward as the legs are a bit short, and basically don’t dump it if you’ve cold crashed to very low temps (3-4C) as it can loosen up or pay attention for leaks quickly. It doesn’t recommend going below 6C but it holds temperature fine!

Latest posts

Back