I'll try again.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tavi-brewer

Reaction score
Thought I'd say hi again!?
It appears that I stumbled at the first hurdle last time and got myself deleted.......
Anyhoo, there's some awesome experience here and look forward to having a good trawl through all the info and perhaps chuck in a pointer or two.
I'm a country wine and mead/melomel sort of brewer and hope to pick up a tip or two.
T

Hiya, welcome! I know Tavi well, went to school there, olds live in Gunnislake. 👍

I'd like to do more Meads, my last one went really well, had to chuck my one and only effort at a melomel though!

A great part of the world. The Tamar valley and Dartmoor is gorgeous. I love making meads and all things honey based.
Tucked into a Cherry melomel for the wind last night so slept rather well!
T

Welcome Tavi, I hail from that end of the world (Plymouth) but now I'm a Northerner. I know f*ck all about wine or meads, but thought it'd be rude not to say hello.

Welcome fellow Tavi brewer. The river Tavy flows past our place, and on the odd occasion has invaded my Garage/Brewery to a depth of about a foot – which makes life interesting.

I am a beer only fanatic, so can offer no help with mead. I did once almost go into partnership with a likeable rogue who imported 45 gallon drums of concentrated mead from Israel, diluted it with tap water, and sold it to gift shops in little bottles labelled ‘Devon Mead’. Luckily I didn’t!

Welcome, lots of info here and a few folk that brew mead, it's on my list of things to do at some point, I believe they take a lot of conditioning to be good though?

Hi
Mead is a long game indeed. 6 months to a year is normally ample but I have a few at 3 years. To be fair my palate isn’t good enough to discern much after a couple of years. I just make too much to drink and by default it ages as I can’t get to it. 😉

Hi from Dorset. I am a wine and ale type of gal and spend ages trawling through the pages learning loads. Great bunch of peeps on here with tons of knowledge to help.

Another warm welcome. You’ve reminded me I’m super late getting my mead on for Christmas this year - might have to have a rethink on flavours as 6 months is the minimum I’d leave a mead for. You will certainly be used to that kind of long game with your taste in brewing 😀.

Latest posts

Back