Illinois shooting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here we go again. asad.

1656957436969.png

Five people have been shot dead at a 4 July Independence Day parade near the US city of Chicago, city officials say.

The event in Highland Park, a Chicago suburb, was suddenly halted about 10 minutes after it began, when several shots were heard.

City authorities described the incident as "active" and said 16 people had also been hospitalised.

One reporter saw five people with blood on them, according to the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper.

Local resident Miles Zaremski told the Chicago Sun-Times: "I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession. So it couldn't have been just a handgun or a shotgun."

Speaking to local television station WGN, a witness called Michael said "Immediately to the left of us he started shooting again and a woman went down."

"This is an active incident," city officials said in an update posted to Highland Park's website, advising those in the area to "shelter in place."

Congressman Brad Schneider, who represents the district, tweeted that he was "hearing of loss of life".

The mayor of Highland Park said the festival had been cancelled and asked people to avoid the downtown area.

Pictures posted on social media suggest a large emergency services response has been sent to the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62042636

I think in the Copenhagen shootings a hunting rifle was used so the death count was a lot lower than it might have been but in the Illinois shooting its looking like semi automatic (again) "I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession"

Summary

1. Six people are killed in a shooting at a Fourth of July Independence Day parade in the US city of Highland Park, Illinois
  2. The suspect is still at large and people in the city, north of Chicago, have been advised to stay indoors
  3. Officials report 24 people have been taken to hospital and a rifle has been recovered
  4. Local reports say shots were fired shortly after the parade began, people ran for cover and the event has been abandoned
  5. The Fourth of July is a national holiday in the US, marking the day its original 13 colonies declared independence from Great Britain

A man suspected of killing six people at a 4 July parade near Chicago planned the attack for weeks, police say.
Law enforcement believe that Robert Crimo III, 21, legally bought the high-powered rifle he used in the attack.
The suspect is believed to have disguised himself in women's clothing to escape the scene with the fleeing crowd, officials added.
Some 30 people were also injured in the shooting on Monday at Highland Park's Independence Day parade.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62054883

The usual suspects will be along soon to tell us this wouldn't have happened if more people had guns. I really don't understand America.

Back