I'm back and I'm cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobMorgan1981

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was a member on here a fair few years ago (maybe 6 years?) but I couldn't remember my log in for getting back in 😂
I've dug my old kit out, and found a bit of mould in the bottom of my keg. I have rised it in bleach, and I hope I won't get shouted at by any of you for doing that? I will clean it as normal next.
I have some left over things which are out of date, and wondered if they are still usable, as I don't like waste. I have....
3/4 bag of Brewing sugar BBE may 2016
Campden tablets BBE 27.11.14
Bruclens cleaner and steriliser BBE 11.03.16
Pectolase BBE 22.11.14

Is wilkos still one of the best and cheapest places for stuff too?

I don't like waste either. BUT as the sugar's been open for 4 years and so, probably, have the containers of the other three items, I'd ditch the lot. The sugar is the safest one to keep- it doesn't degrade and you're going to boil it up anyway. The rest, no.
Welcome back, by the way. What do you plan on brewing?

Last edited:
Hi all,
I was a member on here a fair few years ago (maybe 6 years?) but I couldn't remember my log in for getting back in 😂
I've dug my old kit out, and found a bit of mould in the bottom of my keg. I have rised it in bleach, and I hope I won't get shouted at by any of you for doing that? I will clean it as normal next.
I have some left over things which are out of date, and wondered if they are still usable, as I don't like waste. I have....
3/4 bag of Brewing sugar BBE may 2016
Campden tablets BBE 27.11.14
Bruclens cleaner and steriliser BBE 11.03.16
Pectolase BBE 22.11.14

Is wilkos still one of the best and cheapest places for stuff too?
Hi Rob
1981 was along time ago.........
Only joking, welcome back mate, I agree, ditch the lot and spend £20 from Brew2bottle and get cracking

We had a baby 5 years ago, so the Brewing stuff went into storage 😂😭
But lock down has given me time to kick-start things again 😜
I'll look at brew2bottle, never heard of that before 👍

Latest posts

Back