Im back!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I know it's been a long time. If anyone is still around who knows me or at least remembers me say hi.

I'll be brewing my first BIAB in about 2 years after some time off for boring real life stuff.

How's everyone been?

Hey guys and gals. I know it's been a long time. If anyone is still around who knows me or at least remembers me say hi.

I'll be brewing my first BIAB in about 2 years after some time off for boring real life stuff.

How's everyone been?
New here, but welcome back! Got any recipes us youngsters should know of?

How's everyone been?

Wahey. Still a few of us that remember you around. I certainly remember the smoked porter you sent me.
Welcome back!
:beer1:

Wahey. Still a few of us that remember you around. I certainly remember the smoked porter you sent me.
Welcome back!
:beer1:

I sent a few bottles out while I was here long ago. Did anyone get that Belgian beer I made with the hops I won on the geter brewed competition? That stuff was like 9-10%

I did use up the last of the smoked grain, but it turned out almost undrinkable.

Still have my forum t shirt, though a little worn now. Tried uploading a photo. Is there a size limit? Or is my account on hold?

Do you think because I haven't used my FV s for a while I could just clean them good, or do you think I should buy new ones?

Site had logged me out. I've checked the stay logged in box now

Attachments

• IMAG1160.jpg
    IMAG1160.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 80
The smoked beer you flushed, or the golden syrup mead that was dodgy even after a year? :laugh8:

And sorry, the site doesn't let me search further than 200 posts ago.

I gave both of those brews away to a friend who has killed all his sense of taste over the years. He's still alive, so couldn't have been that bad.

Howdo brum. Nice to see you back again :thumb:
Hey MyQul it's good to be back. Been looking through my brewing kit just, can't find my hydrometer and sample jar, must have left them somewhere too safe. I've found my refractometer though. So not all is lost.

Going to let the FVs soak for a few days in hot soapy water, then bung in a load of baby steriliser for a day.

They've been in the shed for almost two years, but they still look OK.

What does everyone think? I used to chuck FVs after a while and just invest in new ones. But I'm itching. Got plenty of demijohns that are still just fine though.

Good to see you brum, that reminds me must get another comp on the go...

as for chucking the fv i'd say it depends on the condition of them when u stopped brewing, nearly new or due for replacement?

Good to see you brum, that reminds me must get another comp on the go...

as for chucking the fv i'd say it depends on the condition of them when u stopped brewing, nearly new or due for replacement?
Almost new, just been stored in the shed. I'm going to use it as a receptacle on brew day, this weekend and split the brew into Demi's which have been stored in the house. I'm just going to do a small brew to get back into the processes. It's been almost two years!

It was you I sent that Belgian beer to wasn't it. The one brewed with all the hops I won from geterbrewed. Boil off was more than anticipated so large grain bill ended up as 15 litres, topped up to 17 that still came out 9.5%

You said it reminded you of real Belgian beer. Which was the best compliment I've had.

I can't remember how we run the competitions now. Been to long. Was it closest to final gravity?

Latest posts

Back