Quantcast

I'm going pro - Maverick Brewing Company

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
No, I don't think that is right. I'm sure they are two totally separate things. The premises licence holder can be a charitable institution or a company.
OK wording was wrong, you do need to have a person who will be the premises supervisor who has to have a personal license in order to get a premises license.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score

Just had this come up in my Google feed too. You're famous!
Good to see all the hard work in getting those things into the news and feeds is working!!

Spread the word and get involved and sign up to the website and social media.

I will be running another live meet the brewer on FB or istag in the next week or so.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am more than aware i haven't been posting on here as much as maybe i should have. So many things going on with the crowdfunding and also all the promo stuff that's needed. Not to mention the paperwork and suppliers to sort out.

I am going to be running another virtual meet the brewer on FB live on Saturday 15th in addition to an interview i have lined up on BBC radio surrey breakfast show on this Monday 10th at 7.45 to talk about the brewery and tap room and the social focus of the business. Come along to any of these and follow us on social media to see what we are up to and ask me lots of brewing questions on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who has pledged and got in involved so far. Also those of you who have volunteered to help out, you are legends, you know who you are.

We are half way but still a long way still to go.

craft_ales_project

Reaction score
Ok so, its been going on in the background for a while, but the cats out of the bag. I'm going pro.

So there has been a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes for the last few years, and with quite a few ups and downs (those of you that have followed @maverickbrewing on insta/twitter/facebook will know) and even with the kick in the teeth that COVID-19 has dealt out, it has actually kind of spurred things on even more to make this business a reality and to launch Maverick towards the end of this year.

What i thought was i would post progress and updates through this thread, kinda like a brew day thread but on a bigger scale, for those people that may be morbidly interested to see the journey. You can follow it on here and/or on the usual social media channels.

Cheers all!!!
Fair play to you! It's a pipe dream of mine, probably always will be seein' as I turn 60 next year! Still, I'm mega interested in seeing how it pans out for you (brilliantly I hope). One thing this pandemic has brought to my mind is that one needs to consider and plan for such events, it won't be the last, so are you considering the 'online pub' route? I notice actual shops, pubs and businesses that rely on footfall have panned understandably, but online retail has exploded.
What are your thoughts?

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Fair play to you! It's a pipe dream of mine, probably always will be seein' as I turn 60 next year! Still, I'm mega interested in seeing how it pans out for you (brilliantly I hope). One thing this pandemic has brought to my mind is that one needs to consider and plan for such events, it won't be the last, so are you considering the 'online pub' route? I notice actual shops, pubs and businesses that rely on footfall have panned understandably, but online retail has exploded.
What are your thoughts?
Your 100% right. Online ordering and collection is massive now. Everything from online ordering of cans and shipping around the UK to click and collect and local delivery is key. I will also have an on-site tap room and I’ve got an app being developed so people can order drinks outside and the come and collect them when they are ready from a window while serious social distancing is in place.

Follow us and keep in touch on Instagram and Facebook as well as our crowdfunding site Help us make Maverick Brewing a reality

Wynne

Reaction score
Your 100% right. Online ordering and collection is massive now. Everything from online ordering of cans and shipping around the UK to click and collect and local delivery is key. I will also have an on-site tap room and I’ve got an app being developed so people can order drinks outside and the come and collect them when they are ready from a window while serious social distancing is in place.

Follow us and keep in touch on Instagram and Facebook as well as our crowdfunding site Help us make Maverick Brewing a reality
Do you have a planned opening date yet? I’m fairly local so I’m looking forward to checking out your beers. Unsurprisingly, local breweries with off-sales and local deliveries (like your brewing neighbour) have been faring rather better than those who supply on-trade only and a brewery tap helps margin. Despite “going pro” I hope you continue to have fun brewing. Best wishes!

Markk

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have now gone live on our crowdfunding page!!

Go to our website or our crowdfunding page Maverick Brewing Crowdfunder Pager to find out about our amazing pay it forward rewards for helping us reach our target so we can fit out the building, install the brewery and fit out the tap room.

We have rewards available from limited edition t-shirts, double your money in the tap room and our online shop, to come and brew with us for the day. Even beer for a year!!

Share with your friends as we all want to be a bit more maverick and now you can by backing us.

View attachment 29806

Just pledged. Good luck with this

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Congrats on completing the funding Hoddy. Looking forward to the party!!
Thanks Dude!!!

What a roller coaster ride the last 5 odd weeks have been. But great fund and thanks to everyone who got involved. Now the hard work really begins......

Although loads of planning going on atm. Passed by ALPH (Personal license) course the other week so just putting the final touches to the premises license application to submit.

The list does go on though.

Lining up a good drainage contractor. Learning how to lay epoxy resin floors. Designing the auto control panels for the brewery. Doing the drawings to apply for a change in business rates. AWRS submission. Building up a supplier and parts list for the cold room and dispense system (starting with 6 taps i think)
Getting accounts setup with malt and hop suppliers, plus chemical suppliers. Sorting out the POS system, brew house management software, answering questions and reviewing legal docs for lease, desiging the new signage (needs to be included in the lease) designing the backend to the new online shop for the website. Updating the website post crowdfund (go check it out)

the list goes on......

Leon103

Landlord.
Reaction score
Thanks Dude!!!

What a roller coaster ride the last 5 odd weeks have been. But great fund and thanks to everyone who got involved. Now the hard work really begins......

Although loads of planning going on atm. Passed by ALPH (Personal license) course the other week so just putting the final touches to the premises license application to submit.

The list does go on though.

Lining up a good drainage contractor. Learning how to lay epoxy resin floors. Designing the auto control panels for the brewery. Doing the drawings to apply for a change in business rates. AWRS submission. Building up a supplier and parts list for the cold room and dispense system (starting with 6 taps i think)
Getting accounts setup with malt and hop suppliers, plus chemical suppliers. Sorting out the POS system, brew house management software, answering questions and reviewing legal docs for lease, desiging the new signage (needs to be included in the lease) designing the backend to the new online shop for the website. Updating the website post crowdfund (go check it out)

the list goes on......
Plus drinking loads of beer

-Bezza-

Landlord.
Reaction score
Every time i make a test batch someone has to drink it!!!
Well if I can help out in any way. I mean I wouldn't want you to take on that burden all by yourself!

It's interesting how many people contributed, plus I'd be intrigued as to how many people you know. I had three mates contribute just because they wanted to support a new local brewery that isn't aimed solely at the old corduroy-trousered pigeon-fancier crew. And also because of the launch party.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Well if I can help out in any way. I mean I wouldn't want you to take on that burden all by yourself!

It's interesting how many people contributed, plus I'd be intrigued as to how many people you know. I had three mates contribute just because they wanted to support a new local brewery that isn't aimed solely at the old corduroy-trousered pigeon-fancier crew. And also because of the launch party.
I have been doing some analysis of the people who pledged and general demographics and locations. Although you wouldnt believe some of the (slightly angry) e-mails i have recieved from people expecting me to produce good old fashioned cask conditioned ales for them to enjoy................

I worked out approx 81% of the people that pledged i genuinely didn't know. Which is amazing and totally bowls me over. And that includes the forum or otherwise. Generally pledges were very localize to the area, which i kinda expected which i think is why i topped out at £11k.

I think its great that people have really got excited and behind the brewery and the launch party. And thanks for sharing the word!! Its amazing and i am super stoked to be doing this and bringing juicy and hazy pales and saisons to the area.

I am kind of thinking of a ground force day to see if people would come along with a sledge hammer or just their hands to help with the building strip out in return for load of slow smoked hot wings and pork ribs with a keg of my own super fresh hazy pale to enjoy at the end of the day as compliments for the help.

Do you think that would fly?

Davy6Mac

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest Hoddy, if i lived closer i would be there to help you with the strip out etc, especially if you are offering slow cooked wings and ribs!!!....oh and beer. Good Luck and hope everything goes ok with it all.

-Bezza-

Landlord.
Reaction score
I am kind of thinking of a ground force day to see if people would come along with a sledge hammer or just their hands to help with the building strip out in return for load of slow smoked hot wings and pork ribs with a keg of my own super fresh hazy pale to enjoy at the end of the day as compliments for the help.

Do you think that would fly?
No.

But if you donned a nice jumpsuit and called it a challenge anneka day, people would be there in droves!

WisePete

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am more than aware i haven't been posting on here as much as maybe i should have. So many things going on with the crowdfunding and also all the promo stuff that's needed. Not to mention the paperwork and suppliers to sort out.

I am going to be running another virtual meet the brewer on FB live on Saturday 15th in addition to an interview i have lined up on BBC radio surrey breakfast show on this Monday 10th at 7.45 to talk about the brewery and tap room and the social focus of the business. Come along to any of these and follow us on social media to see what we are up to and ask me lots of brewing questions on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who has pledged and got in involved so far. Also those of you who have volunteered to help out, you are legends, you know who you are.

We are half way but still a long way still to go.
Have you got the brew kit sorted?