I'm going Sober for October - Anyone Else?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a rest from it............I've got a brew that I'll be putting in my KK on Saturday, ready for November 1st...

I'll try my best, and if I fall off the wagon, I'll post and let you know.
No chance for me, I have reduced my consumption to 10 units a week this week due to having to take medication.

Off out with some friends this evening for beer and curry. Been a very long time since I've done this and it's been a while trying to get it arranged.

That said I'd like to cut back a bit over the next month to prepare for the months ahead but I've also booked off half term to do stuff with the kids so I'll be on holiday and probably need some then 😆

Christ, sober October might not have been a bad idea after all, it all went a bit wrong on Friday evening after sampling a can of this (amongst many other beers): Cherry Bomb - Twisted Wheel Brew Co. - Untappd What really didn't help either was having done a 10k run earlier, not having much to eat before going out as we were meant to be having a curry, but not getting to the curry house mile (probably nearer to half a mile in Worcester) until after midnight and nowhere interested in serving us so we settled for kebab. I'm not used to nights out on the town anymore and all of us are at the age where we should know better. Think the excitement of not having had a proper night out in probably over 2 years got the better of us 😆

Not in a good way the next day but still had to get up for Parkrun as my eldest has now really got into it. How I made it round without puking I don't know 🤢

Yesterday I tried Stella 0.0, Heineken 0.0 and Guiness 0.0 for the first time.
Just kill me now.

I remember when Kaliber came out years ago it wasn't good and it looks like things haven't changed for non alcohol beers.

Review -

The mouthfeel is impressive but it left me with a syrupy coating on my tongue. It’s rather viscous, and more thick than you’d expect from a lager. Highly carbonated, there are tight bubbles that left me with a few burps post swig.

There’s a savoury vibe to the taste too. The wortiness continues with bready and caramel notes – few of the characteristics of a typical lager. There’s a sweetness in the flavour too. This gets too sickly after a few sips, despite the efforts of a little bitterness to balance things out.

VERDICT
I can see why Kaliber has a bad reputation. It has good body and mouthfeel. But the flavour and aroma – with that soapiness that overpowers everything else – letting it down

https://steadydrinker.com/reviews/lager/guinness-kaliber-0-05-pale-lager-review/
1633356451775.png

I drink maybe 2 beers a week, so not for me, thanks

2 a week!?!?!?
Jeez, I feel really proud of myself if I only have 2 beers a night!
Although I did 3 nights the other week without any, but I was so hungover I would have been ill just seeing a bottle of beer.
Party like a rock star, recover like a pensioner...

2 a week!?!?!?
Jeez, I feel really proud of myself if I only have 2 beers a night!
Although I did 3 nights the other week without any, but I was so hungover I would have been ill just seeing a bottle of beer.
Party like a rock star, recover like a pensioner...
....drinks a bottle of gin a day though.........

Wow that sucks, i had to have two nights off a few months ago as i had a tooth out (big one) i didn't fancy the pain of a dry socket so i gave it a miss, that was a hard two days.
(i think i may have an alcohol problem)

Problem = I can never get enough stock. :laugh8:

I know, but I'd rather not drink and have the antibiotics work properly, than drink and have the opposite effect.

I totally agree, the dentist told me not to drink he said google dry socket and after i did there was no way i was having a drink.

I totally agree, the dentist told me not to drink he said google dry socket and after i did there was no way i was having a drink.

I've had a dry socket and can safely say it's the most pain I have ever been in, I was taking Paracetamol every 3 hours, Ibuprofen every 2 hours and codeine and I was still in agony. If it helps anyone in the future who has it, go to the dentist and ask them to pack it with clove wool stuff. It was like switching a switch, agony to no pain. My dentist also had one and said she ended up in intensive care after overdosing on paracetamol.

Latest posts

Back