I'm just excited

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Regular.
Reaction score
So, I read a really good post on here about water treatment (I think by a gent named Steve) and I'll admit that a lot went over my head but I'd like to eventually get my head around that and start getting my PHs up etc.

That said, not quite yet. I have however just bought some campden tablets online so I can remove the chlorine and chloramine as I saw a post about the water in Newport being high in chlorine, and I had a text from the water board explaining that they had flushed their supply lines recently.

So, campden tablets in the basket on amazon, I also bought some protofloc granules (not used it before) and a stainless steel bottling wand and a new syphon hose.

I usually just keg and then throw away whatever else is left because I cant be bothered with bottling but these are unprecedented times!

I threw in a refractometer with gravity readings up to 1.130 and I have a brew day to look forward to next Sunday (8 days time).

No advice needed, just looking forward to getting my Bru' on đź’Ş

Back