Im serious! I want to start!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am sorry for any misunderstanding from my previous post, I joined to start as I've never brewed beer or wine etc! I enjoy beer so I'd love to know any tips, if that's okay?
What equipment would I need to start brewing? Is it a difficult job? I got so many questions!

Hi Maddie, welcome to the forum. I'm new to this myself having just started brewing in May. You can find a wealth of information on brewing here. Are you planning to start off with kits or you going in at the deep end with AG? For the former you will need :
A fermenting bucket with a lid, 25ltr capacity, a stick on thermometer strip, an airlock, a stirring spoon or paddle, a hydrometer & sample jar, cleaning and sanitising products. Then you will need somewhere to brew where no direct light can get at the bucket and has a reasonably constant temperature, between 20- 24°C is best. You will need a syphon to transfer your beer to pressure barrel or bottles. Lastly, you need to be patient!😄

I got so many questions!
Wine- especially wine from supermarket juices are relatively easy to make. Cider from litres of supermarket appole juice, too. Beer is relatively difficult. I started with wine and learnt the basics about fermentation and sanitation from there. Use the "search" function to explore the site. The minumum equipment you need for wine is a demijohn, an airlock, some syphon tube and a bucket.

Hi Maddie, welcome to the forum. I'm new to this myself having just started brewing in May. You can find a wealth of information on brewing here. Are you planning to start off with kits or you going in at the deep end with AG? For the former you will need :
A fermenting bucket with a lid, 25ltr capacity, a stick on thermometer strip, an airlock, a stirring spoon or paddle, a hydrometer & sample jar, cleaning and sanitising products. Then you will need somewhere to brew where no direct light can get at the bucket and has a reasonably constant temperature, between 20- 24°C is best. You will need a syphon to transfer your beer to pressure barrel or bottles. Lastly, you need to be patient!😄
Thank you, oh I'm not sure just yet! I'm slowly looking into which I would like to do as I have no patience but with this I want to try!❤ thank you for the help though!

Wine- especially wine from supermarket juices are relatively easy to make. Cider from litres of supermarket appole juice, too. Beer is relatively difficult. I started with wine and learnt the basics about fermentation and sanitation from there. Use the "search" function to explore the site. The minumum equipment you need for wine is a demijohn, an airlock, some syphon tube and a bucket.
Hiya, thank you! This helped me so much, thank you!

If you are going to with wine then there are some good kits around that are easy to brew, my first wine was a Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc, a little more expensive than some kits but is a very nice drink and works out about £1.50 a bottle if you get the 30 bottle kit, but to start they do a 6 bottle kit, plus you will want the kit suggested by An Ankou and some bottles to store it.

If you are going to with wine then there are some good kits around that are easy to brew, my first wine was a Beaverdale Sauvignon Blanc, a little more expensive than some kits but is a very nice drink and works out about £1.50 a bottle if you get the 30 bottle kit, but to start they do a 6 bottle kit, plus you will want the kit suggested by An Ankou and some bottles to store it.
Thank you, this has helped me a lot!

Thank you all! I am taking the information away and I'll start brewing as soon as I got all the equipment!!

Hi Maddie, if you want to try a very easy way to make wine that will work out at less than £1 a bottle have a look at this -

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/...ne-how-to-guide-and-recipes.49462/post-456519
That's the one I was looking for, but couldn't remember what it was called- something about Wurzels! There's also a beginners guide to kit or extract beer by terrym, which, while I haven't read it, I'm sure is excellent. Can't find that one either. Perhaps it might be worth pinning these- unless they are already and I'm just being fick!

That's the one I was looking for, but couldn't remember what it was called- something about Wurzels! There's also a beginners guide to kit or extract beer by terrym, which, while I haven't read it, I'm sure is excellent. Can't find that one either. Perhaps it might be worth pinning these- unless they are already and I'm just being fick!
Your not thick!
Your intelligent like everyone else! Thabk you for helping me!

Latest posts

Back