Impeachment trial on TV in the UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is the trial being aired in full (if not on a delay) in the UK?
I'm finding it hard to look away from it. The House managers (loosely, the prosecutors) are doing a fine job. It won't matter though since the Senate GOP won't budge other than a small number.

@Chippy_Tea if this is too spicy of a topic could you delete it, please? If there is already a thread on this, could you join it or just let me know? I checked but didn't see a specific thread.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I was trying to watch last night on the BBC news but they kept stopping the security camera footage and apologising saying they couldn't show the swearing and violence so a complete waste of time trying to watch it here, it was after 9 p.m so i don't understand why they stopped the video.

Is the trial being aired in full (if on a delay) in the UK?
The Guardian have a live blog.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...mp-impeachment-senate-trial-live-news-updates
Extraordinary moment in US history.

Seeing the Confederate flag in the Capitol was bizarre.
The closest the Confederate Army got to Washington was Jubal Early with a detachment of the Army of Northern Virginia in 1864

I was in New Orleans the year after that Trump was elected and saw/heard some weird ****.
So glad that man is gone.

The trial has not been easy to watch, personally. Heart broken. Cried like a baby a few times at the injustice, cruelty, inhumanity, etc.
Not really cut out for the political stuff but I felt it was my duty to understand this event.
It must be so difficult, for an American, to see these events.
The one positive is that American democracy was strong enough to withstand these assaults.

Like Gettysburg was the 'high-water' mark of the Confederacy, perhaps the assault on the Capitol will be the high water mark of Trumpism.

I was trying to watch last night on the BBC news but they kept stopping the security camera footage and apologising saying they couldn't show the swearing and violence so a complete waste of time trying to watch it here, it was after 9 p.m so i don't understand why they stopped the video.
I was baffled by this too. How can you show evidence of a violent event without showing violence? I thought it was an utterly bizarre editorial decision. After 9pm, as you say. Trying not to become 'Disgruntled, Milton Keynes', but I did write to the BBC about this.

I doubt many people will be surprised about the BBCs poor coverage of this.

Last edited:
It must be so difficult, for an American, to see these events.
The one positive is that American democracy was strong enough to withstand these assaults.

Like Gettysburg was the 'high-water' mark of the Confederacy, perhaps the assault on the Capitol will be the high water mark of Trumpism.
It's embarrassing, frustrating and humbling. But it does make one poke their head up and pay attention, hopefully a wake up call to work at being better. We lost, in one fell swoop any moral superiority we had (real or imagined) over 1938 Germany.
I hope this is as bad as it gets.
The trial, day four, has been full of whataboutism, false equivalency and no address of the situation.

I read many,many comments on the BBC website with right wingers claiming the BBC is totally anti Trump.Indeed verging on communism.

If this were the case you would think they would have "blanket" coverage of the mans downfall.
Absolutely reveling in it.!!

But in reality seemingly not.??

As expected, the Senate voted to acquit, 57-43, falling short of the 2/3 majority needed for a conviction.
Seven GOPers crossed the aisle and voted to convict which is two more than I thought would.
Claiming the Constitution doesn't allow a trail to begin with is the excuse forwarded by the number one GOPer in the Senate. It doesn't address the issue of a POTUS committing treason, for example, on January 19th, the day before he/she leaves office. Impeaching and holding a trial does.

It was always unlikely that Trump was going to be impeached.

The fact that 57% of Republican voters want Trump as the Presidential candidate is mind-boggling.
Will Trump have the same pull now he is no longer on Twitter?

What will happen with the investigation in Georgia?

Such a strange time

It was always unlikely that Trump was going to be impeached.

The fact that 57% of Republican voters want Trump as the Presidential candidate is mind-boggling.
Will Trump have the same pull now he is no longer on Twitter?

What will happen with the investigation in Georgia?

Such a strange time
He also being investigated in New York for financial crimes committed before he was president.

As expected, the Senate voted to acquit, 57-43, falling short of the 2/3 majority needed for a conviction.
Seven GOPers crossed the aisle and voted to convict which is two more than I thought would.
Claiming the Constitution doesn't allow a trail to begin with is the excuse forwarded by the number one GOPer in the Senate. It doesn't address the issue of a POTUS committing treason, for example, on January 19th, the day before he/she leaves office. Impeaching and holding a trial does.
Well that was another $3,000,000 + dollars expense from the tax payers which could have been better spent elsewhere.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...impeachment-trial-has-cost-taxpayers-millions
Considering the cost of Trumps denial of the election has cost the US state $519,000,000. A big part of that was the increased security following the attack on the capitol.
Another part of that is the fruitless legal challenges against the US election results.

Also included in this cost are the increased security cost at Capitol buildings in other US state Capitols.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...impeachment-trial-has-cost-taxpayers-millions
Considering the cost of Trumps denial of the election has cost the US state $519,000,000. A big part of that was the increased security following the attack on the capitol.
Another part of that is the fruitless legal challenges against the US election results.

Also included in this cost are the increased security cost at Capitol buildings in other US state Capitols.
Hence the saying 'Never throw good money after bad'

Hence the old saying,
'Never let an orange, corrupt pervert get away with an attempted Insurrection where 5 people died without consequences'
But he did and he always was, complete waste of tax payers money. Something you yourself has said, he was never going to be impeached. Even a drovers dog knew that.

Latest posts

Back