Impeachment trial on TV in the UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do have Offcom in the UK to make sure our broadcasters are fair and unbiased. A good example is Sky and Fox are both owned by news international and Sky are a reasonably balanced station but Fox have always been on the right until they fell out with Trump. Unfortunately these days there are so many platforms for people with an agenda to manipulate and broadcast whatever suits their agenda. Why do you think the likes of the worse regimes like China and North Korea censure their internet.
Why do you think the likes of the worse regimes like China and North Korea censure their internet.'
They are not alone, censorship is well under way in the US and UK too. Wrong-think will get you banned oft as not from most social media platforms.
To consider Sky, 'reasonably balanced' as a news source is a 'heady' idea.
Sky Australia seem different but Sky UK are no better than Fox, CNN BBC, etc, Most news media are owned by Billionaires
They expect payback for propping up and pushing for one side of an election campaign.

Why do you think the likes of the worse regimes like China and North Korea censure their internet.'
They are not alone, censorship is well under way in the US and UK too. Wrong-think will get you banned oft as not from most social media platforms.
To consider Sky, 'reasonably balanced' as a news source is a 'heady' idea.
Sky Australia seem different but Sky UK are no better than Fox, CNN BBC, etc, Most news media are owned by Billionaires
They expect payback for propping up and pushing for one side of an election campaign.
As someone who is fairly central in my political beliefs I see people on the left claim the likes of the BBC to be bias to the right and right leaning people to the left. So please enlighten us to what you believe is a good honest news source. Apart from BBC and Sky I also take news from ITN, Channel 4, Reuters and AFP news.

In the US, Public Broadcasting System gets less money from advertisers. PBS, as a result, televised all of the impeachment trial, whereas, the other four major ones had to pay the bills and show scheduled programming.
FOX said they were carrying the trial but every time I checked (tons), they weren't showing it.
That move, to deny it's loyal viewers the news, is underhanded.

As an aside, I saw the "dead people voting" come up. It is yet another conspiracy forwarded by the ex.
Registering to vote here requires strict verification. Most people are honest anyway but getting a voter card isn't done by taking someone's word.
One of the biggest problems in the US elections is voter suppression which is directed at minorities. It's an interesting topic (and sad) to Google.
The GOP knows that if everyone votes, they will lose badly. The obsession with vote by mail (proven to be safe and accurate by both parties) is that millions more would vote and they did and the GOP didn't like it.
My wife and I live in a minority area and if we're done with voting under four hours in a major election, it's a miracle. Literally, across the street, it takes 15 minutes in a worse-case scenario. Instead of changing the law to make a week-long event so it's easy to vote, the GOP tries to strangle the voice of people under the guise of "fairness" and "accuracy."

My wife and I live in a minority area and if we're done with voting under four hours in a major election, it's a miracle. Literally, across the street, it takes 15 minutes in a worse-case scenario. Instead of changing the law to make a week-long event so it's easy to vote, the GOP tries to strangle the voice of people under the guise of "fairness" and "accuracy."
I have heard about 'Voter suppression' in the US. Very disturbing.
Like some kind of strange mutation of the Jim Crow laws.

The one that stuck out for me was having to guess how many bubbles in a bar of soap before you were allowed to vote. Crazy.

The one that stuck out for me was having to guess how many bubbles in a bar of soap before you were allowed to vote. Crazy.
I hadn't heard that one. Based on John Lewis (deceased Congressman and Civil Rights leader) mentioning the same in an article of his (NYT in 2000), I can see how it was used to mock men and demean them, not to mention prohibiting them from voting.

Because of the electoral college used here and gerrymandering, a minority party has far more power than it should. With our US Senate being split 50/50 Dems/Republicans, the Republicans represent 41.5M fewer Americans (source: Vox). Each state gets two Senators. You can have a California which represents almost 40M and a state like Wyoming that represents under 600K.

Because of the electoral college used here and gerrymandering, a minority party has far more power than it should. With our US Senate being split 50/50 Dems/Republicans, the Republicans represent 41.5M fewer Americans (source: Vox). Each state gets two Senators. You can have a California which represents almost 40M and a state like Wyoming that represents under 600K.
Yeah, I listened to a couple of history podcsats about the Electorial College system. Seems it just a hang-up from pre Civil War America. A way for the less populous slave holding states to have the same political clout as the more populous North.

LOL, Dead voters don't usually own up.
'One 2012 study by Pew found there were close to two million dead people still on voter rolls around this country. 'And you think only 2 this time got out of the grave to vote Trump?
Expect anyone else to believe it?
I didn't say only two people cast votes for dead relatives I said the only cases that came to light were of two that got caught that voted for trump.

Yeah, I listened to a couple of history podcsats about the Electorial College system. Seems it just a hang-up from pre Civil War America. A way for the less populous slave holding states to have the same political clout as the more populous North.
The states with the most excess of Electoral College votes are Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Delaware, Vermont, Nebraska.

Last edited:
The states with the most excess of Electoral College votes are Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Delaware, Vermont, Nebraska.
Your point is?

The New York state attorney general has been investigating trump's business practices for a while. He might end up getting charged with bank, tax, and insurance fraud now that he doesn't have being president to hide behind.
The slipperiness of the wealthy criminal is, at once, astounding and depressing.

We do have Offcom in the UK to make sure our broadcasters are fair and unbiased. A good example is Sky and Fox are both owned by news international and Sky are a reasonably balanced station but Fox have always been on the right until they fell out with Trump. Unfortunately these days there are so many platforms for people with an agenda to manipulate and broadcast whatever suits their agenda. Why do you think the likes of the worse regimes like China and North Korea censure their internet.
OFCOM are as left and bias as the BBC as they shown in the "diversity saga" on ITV. Not fit for purpose!

I didn't say only two people cast votes for dead relatives I said the only cases that came to light were of two that got caught that voted for trump.
Well isn't that a surprise!
They are not going to highlight the real problem and look for the rest , are they?

Back