Imperial Harvest L17 yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would anyone be aware of anywhere one could purchase Imperial L17 yeast. Malt Miller is still out of stock. I'm aware they were having problems selling to European market but thought this was sorted.
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance.

Suspect it's probably a "normal" waiting-for-the-next-delivery-but-international-logistics-are-borked delay - ask them what's the story.

According to the Imperial website, TMM are the only outlet in the UK, there's this one in Germany which has it in stock and a couple in Scandinavia, but that's it for Europe.

However TMM do have one pack left of Omega OYL-114 Bayern which is also meant to have come from Augustiner, they also have WLP860 which is meant to be the White Labs equivalent, although Wyeast 2352 is a vault strain.

Thanks for your helpful reply. TMM state could be the end of November. Have sent an email to Imperial in States but as yet no reply. Do you feel the Omega or WLP860 are as good for lager?

Do you feel the Omega or WLP860 are as good for lager?

Lager's not my thing so I have no real opinion, but given the choice between two yeasts that are likely >95% similar to the Imperial that would allow beer to be brewed and lagered before the Imperial was even in the country, then it's a no-brainer, no?

Would anyone be aware of anywhere one could purchase Imperial L17 yeast. Malt Miller is still out of stock. I'm aware they were having problems selling to European market but thought this was sorted.
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance.
Which style of lager are you planning to brew?

I've used Wyeast 2124 and it made a very good Czech lager and I'm sure it would do equally well in a German Pils. I don't know about Aussie lagers. Wyeast 2124 is available at the malt miller with a good long date on it. I don't buy short dated lager yeasts because they'd need multiple starter stages to get to the high pitching rate needed for a lager.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to send me great helpful information. Did receive a nice email from Imperial HO but, as you would expect, TMM will be receiving their order later in the year and also TMM are exceptionally easy to deal with, as everyone here would know.
Thank you again and will research all the above advice on lager yeasts.

Latest posts

Back